Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC10 Publish to PDF doesn't work in Win7?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all

We recently got a couple of new workstations with Win7 64bit. Most of our projects are done in AC10. After a bit of hassle we got AC10 to work fine on Win7.
EXCEPT:

It turns out save/publish as PDF is not working. PDF is not even shown as an option in "Save as" dialog.

Called our reseller. First he said, it should work. Then he checked and noticed that indeed it was not working. No solution. Time to ask the forum.

Has anybody, by any chance, any ideas for a hack to get our pdf sets published from Win7 without resorting to manual PDF printing and laboriously setting custom paper sizes?

For now, we just have to go to the old XP machines when publishing time comes...
12 REPLIES 12
Thomas Holm
Booster
We recently got a couple of new workstations with Win7 64bit. Most of our projects are done in AC10. After a bit of hassle we got AC10 to work fine on Win7.
EXCEPT:
It turns out save/publish as PDF is not working. PDF is not even shown as an option in "Save as" dialog
Hi Julius.

AC10 is 5 years old. I think you should be glad it even runs on Win7 64bit. Did you ever consider an upgrade?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Karl Ottenstein
See:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/Windows%207

Did you set AC 10 for XP Compat mode?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK now I have installed the "XP mode" virtual machine and then installed Archicad on the virtual machine. But I can't seem to get Archicad recognize the Wibu/Codemeter thingy on the virtual machine...

I have installed the codemeter driver and the codemeter enabler. The codemeter icon is showing in the system tray and it's green and it says it has found the stick. But when I start Archicad I keep getting the error "Wibu driver not found".
Barry Kelly
I believe only the latest hotfix for 10 works with Codemeter.
Make sure you have the latest hotfix installed.

I still don't think you will be able to Publish as a PDF because the built in PDF converter is not compatible with W7.
You will need an external PDF printer and you will have to print to that rather than save as a PDF.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry and everyone. I did install the latest hotfix, and the Codemeter enabler installed without complaints. However when I start Archicad I get the error message "Wibu driver not found".

Printing to PDF is out of the question. We have literally hundreds of layouts and manually setting the paper size for each... well you get the picture. That is why I started the thread in the first place.

When installing AC10 in Win7 / XP mode, it seemed like the PDF converter installed OK. (When installing on plain Win7 I got an error message about the PDF converter.)

Now if I only could get AC to recognize the dongle/Wibu driver in XP mode...!
Barry Kelly
I never tried installing in XP mode - just told the program to run in XP mode.
Maybe that makes a difference to the PDF converter.
I will have to try re-installing.

Sorry I don't have Codemeter but it works fine with the WIBU-key.
The WIBU-key drivers are no good for codemeter.
Did you try installing that in XP mode as well?
You shouldn't need to if Codemeter is working with newer versions.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Barry Kelly
Just a thought.
You did tick the Codemeter box when you installed it and not the WIBU-key option?

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Which tick-box are you talking about Barry? I didn't notice one...
Barry Kelly
I don't know if 10 does it but in later versions you are asked if you want to use the WIBU-key or Codemeter when you begin the installation.
Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27