Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC21 Autotext

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to set an autotext label in AC21 to give the net area of inside of exterior walls for insulation calculations, but it is proving to be difficult.
I have drawn out a box of walls 5x5x5ms to be simple, place the label set to "Net surface on the inside face"
I place a label on the wall, but it does not give the correct area, in fact when I place the same label on all 4 walls I get different results.
Can somebody put me right please.
9 REPLIES 9
Barry Kelly
It probably is correct.
Look at how the walls connect in 3D (select them in 3D to see this).
The 'Net' area takes into consideration the connections.
You will find one wall is not cut at the ends at all, 2 walls will have one end cut by the others and the fourth will have both ends cut.

You might need to look at a surface area schedule rather than an element or component schedule.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are about right Barry, but the schedule gives the same result
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You should be able to schedule the exposed area, which is what you are looking for. Create a schedule for SURFACES.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, i have tried all the fields with surface, but cannot find anything with exposed surface, where will i find that.
Barry Kelly
Make sure you create a 'Surface' schedule - not an element or component schedule.

Then you will see fields for 'Surfaces'.

If you want to schedule a particular surface then you can add that as a criteria.
If you don't do that you will get all the surfaces of the wall.

You need to make sure the inside, outside and end surfaces of your walls are all set correctly.
If you are not overriding the surfaces of your walls then you need to make sure your composites are all using the correct building materials.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry, but how do i need to set the walls? As i am still getting the same results.

"make sure the inside, outside and end surfaces of your walls are all set correctly."
Barry Kelly
I find you have to override the wall surfaces to get the results you are looking for.
If you don't override the surfaces (so it is using the building materials) then you will still get some slight discrepancies because of the ways the walls connect.
I don't quite understand this discrepancy myself (I haven't really investigated it).

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Still doesn't work Barry. did it work ok for you?
Barry Kelly
Rogerdodge wrote:
Still doesn't work Barry. did it work ok for you?
Yes.
One of my earlier images shows an 'exposed' area of 25m² for all four walls, and you can see the other surface areas all vary as you are finding.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27