Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

AC21 - Pen color in Layout different to Master Layout

Johan Stinckens
Advocate
I am experiencing some strange behaviour with layouts in AC-21.

I've created a master layout on which a view from the project info is placed. On this master layout pen color/weight is correct -> black lines / green logo-part.

When I create a layouts which uses this master-layout, suddenly everything from the master layout is shown in RED, regardless of its original color.

I've checked the pen set for the master layout, the layout, the layout book. All are set to Basis Zwart (= standard black).

Any ideas?

AC-21_MasterLayout_Black-Red.JPG
Johan Stinckens
BIM Modeller at Atrium Architecten
Archicad user since April 2014 (v17 - v26) - CC iRT i9-12900 - 64 GB / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 - Windows 10 Pro 64

Other than that it's hiking, camping, climbing.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
It is an option in the Work Environment > On Screen Options.

The idea is that being a different colour it differentiates what is on the master and what is on the layout - because the master is not editable from the layout.

If you don't have this option on you may find you start wondering why you can't edit parts of your layout.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
Barry Kelly
It is an option in the Work Environment > On Screen Options.

The idea is that being a different colour it differentiates what is on the master and what is on the layout - because the master is not editable from the layout.

If you don't have this option on you may find you start wondering why you can't edit parts of your layout.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Johan Stinckens
Advocate
Thanks Barry!

I had been searching for a setting in the MVO etc, but not in the Work Environment.
Johan Stinckens
BIM Modeller at Atrium Architecten
Archicad user since April 2014 (v17 - v26) - CC iRT i9-12900 - 64 GB / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 - Windows 10 Pro 64

Other than that it's hiking, camping, climbing.
Eduardo Rolon
FYI,
Even if they are Red they will print correctly.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm currently having a similar issue with AC20. I've posted for the first time to try and resolve it. Please forgive me if I'm messing up at all.
When I capture things from the Project Map, they're in color. Same in the View Map.

As soon as I place them on a Layout, they're in black and white.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Mitchell:

If you are placing Drawings (using the Drawing Tool) on Layouts, then open the Drawing Settings and look at Size And Appearance > Colors:, and also check Pen Set: (the Pen Set could be all black).

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Stress Co_
Advisor
ejrolon wrote:
FYI,
Even if they are Red they will print correctly.
Glad to see you're back Eduardo.
I hope you weathered the storms OK.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
Mitchell:

If you are placing Drawings (using the Drawing Tool) on Layouts, then open the Drawing Settings and look at Size And Appearance > Colors:, and also check Pen Set: (the Pen Set could be all black).

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
That was a huge help David, thank you so much. The change from AC19 to AC20 has really thrown me and as a result I've hesitated to move on to 21 before the end of the semester.

Updated the signature, hope its up to scratch.
Thanks again.