Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC21 - Pen/fill bug in layout view?

fhedberg
Contributor
Hi all,

Long term user of ArchiCAD and have run into an issue with AC21 that’s got me stumped, I hope it’s just a bug and not just me going crazy in my older days.

The issue is that I have placed 2 elevations on a layout…both identical with the same settings, however one of the placed elevations show some (not all) pens differently…?
I have quadruple checked all settings…but can’t seem to figure out what is going on. They both display correct in their own view set but differently once placed on layout.

Has anyone of you had something similar…?

I’ve gone through and checked the usual suspects, graphical override / renovation status / pen sets / scales / repaired file…etc. but still no change.
The thing is the pen weight is correct when printed to PDF but any cover fill placed on layout with grey will come out differently. We've tried opening the file on different computers with same result as well.

Attached snapshot shows the two elevations next to each other placed on a layout.

Pen and fill bug on layout.JPG
W11 Home | ArchiCAD 27 3001 AUS FULL
11 REPLIES 11
fhedberg
Contributor
Reported to Graphisoft support and apparently a bug.
Hopefully fixed with next update.
W11 Home | ArchiCAD 27 3001 AUS FULL
Anonymous
Not applicable
fhedberg wrote:
Reported to Graphisoft support and apparently a bug.
Hopefully fixed with next update.
Has this been sorted out?
Anonymous
Not applicable
A colleague is having the same issue. Can't work out what the problem is but it looks like it is related to renovation filters getting confused. Any fix yet please?

This problem is occurring in 1 of 4 elevations, and does the same thing when a new Elevation Marker is placed or when a Section marker is used in place of the Elevation marker.

It's almost like the Renovation filter is changed between the View and the Layout.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
hfs55 wrote:
Latest update is meant to fix it. https://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/archicad/updates/AC21/AC21-4022to5002-ReleaseNotes.html
Still a preview release.
Thanks for that. Didn't see anything in (my brief look at) the release notes that looked like it applied to this but we'll give it a go.

Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
hfs55 wrote:
Latest update is meant to fix it. https://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/archicad/updates/AC21/AC21-4022to5002-ReleaseNotes.html
Still a preview release.
Unfortunately a preview release, and not recognising the NZE version.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Having something similar to this problem created a detail, made it look good.

Then the instant I moved the the detail to the layout all the fills go grey or dark grey. All other details don't have this problem just this one detail.

Work around involved me copying the detail to a blank file then copying it back into the original file.

Had this issue before copying old drawings to a new file and some of the elements become grey but in those instances the I could just delete the offending element and just re create it.

Both of these problems are a little annoying is there any solution?

Edit: actually my workaround didn't work as soon as I Placed the offending file back on the layout it became grey....

EDIT: Super weird make a new layout it becomes grey again, add it to an existing layout doesn't become grey??? seems like there is something off about the layout

Edit: Place back on the original layout that was making it grey now, not grey... so weird.
Barry Kelly
When you place a view on a layout you use the 'Drawing' tool.
Check the default settings of the tool before you place a drawing as you may be using a different pen set.

You can also use the eye dropper to set the tool defaults to match an existing drawing.
And you can inject the properties into other existing drawings if they do not appear as you want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay checked the "drawing" tool and its the exact same pen set as the one I am using in the drawing.

So I edited the detail and did some other things, I came back to it just now and in the layout it appears how I want to. Now there is a new problem, I am unable to go the detail by right clicking on the layout view. When I manually go back to the detail it has become grey again.... Very strange

EDIT: for seemingly no reason the detail has reverted back to its original non grey form, yet now I can't access the detail via right clicking on it anymore...

EDIT: Okay I think have located the issue. I usually take a detail directly from the project map and place it on the layout. The problem occurs when it creates the view in the view map. For whatever reason it changes the pen set in the view even though I never touch these settings.