Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC21 - Pen/fill bug in layout view?

fhedberg
Contributor
Hi all,

Long term user of ArchiCAD and have run into an issue with AC21 that’s got me stumped, I hope it’s just a bug and not just me going crazy in my older days.

The issue is that I have placed 2 elevations on a layout…both identical with the same settings, however one of the placed elevations show some (not all) pens differently…?
I have quadruple checked all settings…but can’t seem to figure out what is going on. They both display correct in their own view set but differently once placed on layout.

Has anyone of you had something similar…?

I’ve gone through and checked the usual suspects, graphical override / renovation status / pen sets / scales / repaired file…etc. but still no change.
The thing is the pen weight is correct when printed to PDF but any cover fill placed on layout with grey will come out differently. We've tried opening the file on different computers with same result as well.

Attached snapshot shows the two elevations next to each other placed on a layout.

Pen and fill bug on layout.JPG
W11 Home | ArchiCAD 27 3001 AUS FULL
11 REPLIES 11
Barry Kelly
So long as you right click on the edge (border) of the drawing or on something that is selectable in the drawing, you should always have the option to 'Open Source View'.
If you just right click on the background space then you won't get this option unless your 'Quick Select' (magnet) is active.

If you are sure that all of the drawing settings are the same then it must be the view settings.
If you are manually opening a view from the Project Map then you manually choose the pen set, renovation filter and graphic override (plus other options) that can affect how the view looks.
Opening a view from the View Map will open it with the same settings the view was saved with - this is the same as right clicking in the layout and opening with source view.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah Barry that was exactly the problem.

The issue is when I create the view. Even though in the project map I have all the settings a certain way when I look at the view settings a couple are different. (renovation filter and pen set) I edit them and it works fine.

Interesting thing is I had a renovation filter set so that has no renovation options were on (basically everything is turned on/visible). When I checked out the view it was using a "missing" renovation filter. Changed that filter option and I was good.