Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

AC22 - Graphic override for panels in curtain wall

gedzior84
Booster

Hello everyone and good to see you in a new forum 🙂

I have a slightly basic question - is there any way to create a graphic override just for panels in curtain wall?

I have put some properties in particular panels in my curtain wall concerning acoustics, and now I wanted to show that information with colors on my model. I can't find any way to do that, since there is no option to color specific components of an object with a graphic override.

Maybe you have some workarounds?

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Ussually you can only override entire elements. As in the entire wall, entire slab etc

I would assume this is also the case for curtainwall sub-elements.

Maybe you can label individual panels. You should be able to show your custom property as text in a label. Not exactly as clear as a colour override, but the best I can think of.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Ussually you can only override entire elements. As in the entire wall, entire slab etc

I would assume this is also the case for curtainwall sub-elements.

Maybe you can label individual panels. You should be able to show your custom property as text in a label. Not exactly as clear as a colour override, but the best I can think of.

www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly

Graphic Overrides can only use the entire curtain wall as selection criteria.

The override will also act on the entire element as well - this applies to all elements.

i.e. override one surface material on one side on a wall, and all of the surfaces will override - even if they are different to that one side.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Yes, I will surely use the labels, but that is only a text option on a 2D drawing.

I was hoping that there would be a way of showing this information in 3D. 

It's a big pity that there is no way to extract these properties in any other way.

That is what I was afraid of.

Thank you Barry!

Another possible workaround I can think of would be having custom library parts for the panels.

You could modify these with custom model view options using Library Global Settings. This is getting into quite advanced GDL stuff though, but I think you could control the surfaces with model view options.

I think adding a custom fill on top of the elevation will be less work though.

That would probably be my method: label things and manually add fills on top.

www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5