Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC22 - How to make "new" and "existing" in elevations read as shown in image

rob2218
Enthusiast
So..I need to use the Renovation Filters (or Over-rides) to indicate the "new" and "existing" as shown in the image.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
7 REPLIES 7
On your Renovation Filter Options, go to "Graphic Override Rules..." (lower right corner), then highlight "Existing Elements". Criteria = Element Type is "All Types" and Renovation Status is "Existing". Check "Fill Type", highlight Surface Fills and select "Air Space" fill. This will change all surface fills to blank for Existing elements.

Really, Rob, it's time to put in a little educational investment into how to use Graphic Overrides.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
rob2218
Enthusiast
Wow...thanks Richard.
I’ll give that a try.
And you are correct, I do want to put in some educational investment in more Archicad training in general....but, geez I just can’t see myself forking out $750 each time GRAPHISOFT puts on a training session or each our local reseller want to do some in-house training. That’s a lot of pesos for a one man shop....but you are right...I need to do some more “leanin’” on this subject.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
Richard, that worked, better, but how do I get the “new” to display it’s surface hatch and “not” display a solid grey tone?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
Got it...never mind.
Wow...now that’s fantastic.
Thanks Richard.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218 wrote:

And you are correct, I do want to put in some educational investment in more Archicad training in general....but, geez I just can’t see myself forking out $750 each time GRAPHISOFT puts on a training session or each our local reseller want to do some in-house training.
You just need to watch the FREE videos on GS's channel on YouTube. (Probably a bunch of independent ones are available, too.) The investment is only one of time.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
rob2218
Enthusiast
Well heck...that’s even better still.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Regarding training, if you are on the yearly update subscription model here (Netherlands), training is free to attend with several dates available to sign up for or you can download the materials and follow along with a webinar.

Sounds to me like your reseller needs to shape up a bit with customer service

It does take about half a day each year to go over the new functions and while the youtube videos are great for a bit more in depth look, some of them don't really go over explaining the WHY of things.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5