BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

[AC23] Building remodeling - renovation status and filters

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I'm working on building remodeling, with a lot of demolished walls and slabs and I have I two major problems with renovation status and filters:

1) How can I change wall thickness considering demolition? For example: existing wall has 50 cm (with windows in it), and I want to make it 30 cm existing + 20 cm demolished. I've tried following options:
a) using vertical/horizontal opening tool - it simply does the trick but creates wrong 2D representation (no thick wall line) and thin (~0cm) bug-wall in 3D in front of the windows.
b) old method - create 3 walls: 1 existing 50 cm in "existing elements" on layer n1, 2nd "existing" wall 30 cm in "existing elements" on layer n2 and 3rd "existing" wall 20 cm in "elements to be demolished" on layer n3.
The b) method is working but it is really time consuming after so many years...

2) How can I prevent walls from joining their outline with slabs and another walls parallel to them (no reference line crossing) using renovation status and filters? It is ok on 2D plan, but things go ugly in the section. I've tried following options:
a) changing layer intersections wall-1, 2nd wall-3, slab-4 - no effect.
b) changing materials for bigger priority differences - no effect.
c) changing junction order - no effect.
My old way (lower AC versions) was simply draw demolitions as fills, but now I wanted to make it automatic.
1 REPLY 1
Podolsky
Ace
The best way to model demolished part - is option b. But it's not necessary to place walls in various layers - they all can be located in one layer, as renovation filter can separate them anyway.

With section - its a problem. ArchiCAD just eliminates lines of two elements that touching each other. The only solution I can think about - is to use very small gaps (let say half millimetre) between walls. Then line will appear on section between them.
Learn and get certified!