Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC23 Stair display up/down text?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Folks,

I'm struggling with getting the stair to display its text in the desired manner.

Bottom of stair should have an arrow pointing up, on its home story. It ends with a break line.

Top of stair on story above, the stair should have an arrow pointing down, with the word down. Then entire stair should display, because its open to below/there is no other stair going up.

I can't get the text to display no matter what i try. Built in walking line or Walking line 23.

Is it just me, or is this a known problem.

Thanks and stay well.
3 REPLIES 3
I think that the inability to control the stair by a normal user is a known issue.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Barry Kelly
Richard wrote:
I think that the inability to control the stair by a normal user is a known issue. :wink:
True, there are many settings in many places and it all gets a bit confusing.

However what Nathen is after is the option to reverse the walk line above the relevant storey.
There is an option to reverse the line in the hidden section too if the line or the hidden section is displayed there.

The text also needs to be altered.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast
For some reason I cannot get the up/down text to behave properly anymore. I would like the text to say up on the bottom level and show hidden lines for where the stair ends. However, the down text also appears on the bottom level of the floor plan and I do not want this (turning the text off then also turns it off for the upper floor plan, and this is not desirable). Can anyone help? Never encountered this problem with stairs in the past and extremely frustrated that I cannot get it to look how it should. Screenshot attached showing the 'DN' appearing when it shouldn't on the plan.
AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

MBP M3 Max (16-inch 2023)