Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC24 - Custom Door Leaf selection not available anymore?

rob2218
Enthusiast

have tried to create a custom door leaf using slabs in AC24 but now, for some unknown reason...I don't see any created door leafs from the 'custom door leaf' list? what happened?

CUSTOM-DOOR-LEAF-NOT-WORKING.png
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
5 REPLIES 5
4dProof
Advisor

so, could be that you've already tried these but... make sure you are saving as a door leaf, rather than a door. I know this sounds stupid, but it's a common mistake. Also, check your library manager, make sure they are in there. It could be that when you saved the door leaf, you saved it to your computer, rather than the embeded library. If you are on a BIM server, and you are saving them to a shared BIM Server Library, make sure the library has been properly updated on the server.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

yes...I have tried to save it as a "door leaf" and not a "door"...but it still wont show up in the list of "custom door leafs" when I select "custom door" in the door parameters.

I'll check the library manager as well...but it's no different than any other time I've saved a custom door leaf made out of slabs............it just wont capture it in the pull-out list when I select "custom door leaf"...from the door pull-out parameter.

i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23

rob2218_0-1650056318240.png

CUSTOM-DOOR-LEAF-BOX-NOT-FUNCTIONING.png
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23

My list of "Embedded Objects" does indeed show that I have some custom objects (door leafs) created...but the problem I'm having is that it just wont allow me to "type" inside that box nor will it show me any of the my doors.

rob2218_1-1650056605262.png

i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Lingwisyer
Guru