Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

AC26 Forever Bug: Zones do not recognize walls using different Renovation Settings

Eduardo Rolon

If you place Zones using "Construction Method: Inner Edge" and the walls are in different filters the boundaries will be ignored.

By definition demo walls are part of the existing phase so it is expected that if they are shown then they need to function as boundaries.

The main bug is that after placing the Zone if an user selects "Update Zones" then those zones will move and change project data.

2022-07-20 Zone Boundaries.gif

 Reno Settings

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 8.07.37 AM.png

 Am I doing something wrong?

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I contacted support and what they have said does make sense in relation to how the zones work. Where an 'Existing' zone is placed and a wall of that enclosing Zone becomes demolished then the zone itself should also become demolished as technically that zone will no longer exist, it will then update and reflect the perimeter of the existing space by recognising the existing and demolished walls. This used to be an issue where Zones could not be hidden within the settings of the demolition renovation filter but that has since been fixed.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

This has thrown me a few times. What we have found is that we have to add all 'Existing' Zones as 'Existing' whilst in the 'Existing' renovation filter which doesn't show any new or overridden demolished items. The zone seems to be clever enough to know it is existing and needs to extend to the extents of the existing and demolished walls. When we move to 'Proposed over Existing' we start to add our new zones making sure they are linked as a new element. These Zones then when placed will extend to the existing walls and the new walls but ignore the demolished walls. From looking at your screen recording it seems as though the update is causing it to then extend to ignore all the demolished items even thought the filter is set to existing and the zone itself which seems to be a bug. I'll play around with one of my models and see if I can make it do the same thing.

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

I've just tried it and mine does exactly the same. I'll log it with UK support, hopefully if we both log it, it'll be recognised. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Solution

I contacted support and what they have said does make sense in relation to how the zones work. Where an 'Existing' zone is placed and a wall of that enclosing Zone becomes demolished then the zone itself should also become demolished as technically that zone will no longer exist, it will then update and reflect the perimeter of the existing space by recognising the existing and demolished walls. This used to be an issue where Zones could not be hidden within the settings of the demolition renovation filter but that has since been fixed.

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Eduardo Rolon

FYI the warning when placing another Zone in a different filter and you click on the Reno hidden Zone.

A warning like this when one of the boundaries of a Zone is changed to another filter might be a good idea. Don't know if automatically changing the Zone to the correct filter might be ideal or possible.

EduardoRolon_0-1658325553902.png

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator