Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

ARCHICAD 3D IMAGE RESOLUTION: SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I"ve spent the last 5 or so years struggling with Archicads 3D window (non rendered) image quality and finally came across something that now makes a huge difference.

Very simple. When publishing / exporting out any 3D image, you must ensure you do this from your primary high-resolution device screen, NOT a secondary low res plug-in screen. For whatever reason, Archicad exports these images accordingly to the quality of your screen itself?? I didn't realise this and haven't had much luck getting technicians to provide this useful info.

We work on macs, and have secondary screens that are usually very poor quality. Each time I export with Archicad opened in this screen, my images are degraded vs doing so from my mac screen. See the export screen information attached - same publishing settings and images done from different screens.

Most people suggest to undock the 3D window screen from main window and maximise to full extents. This helps only in a small way. Had this issue since Archicad 20 or so.

3 REPLIES 3
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Hi Grejxx,

Thanks for posting this. I have also struggled with this and have never been overly happy with the resolution I could get out. I will definitely try this next time.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Barry Kelly
I was looking at the images you attached and was going to say - of course they are different quality, they are simply screen captures from different screens!

But then I noticed the file size of the published drawings in the list is different.
Great catch!

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
Perspectives from the internal engine are rendered at what ever the 3D window resolution is. If it is docked, then the resolution matches the workspace minus toolbars.

See this thread for more information.

There was a MAC related issue with this and I am not sure if it has since been addressed.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660