Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AUTO TEXT_ Not activating ## when clicked ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
All of a sudden non of my Master template files allow the auto text edit. ?
Perhaps i have switched something off without knowing it.
Normally any auto text with # allows editing.
In this case - nothing happens when hover over the text......
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
FYI: Any AC file i open does NOT allow the Autotext :

Perhaps something to do with a profile setting - but then if i start a new project and take the standard AC 22 settings as a profile in a new project - SAME PROBLEM.

No Autoext working in the saved sheets - A1/A2 etc....I can ONLY add to the template in the "project info" section. However, the actual ### hash dont work and the text doesnt highlight allowing me to edit as normal....

thanks....
total mystery. ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I will relaunch this thread under this forum subject in the hope that I will try and explain again the problem, more clearly as no one seems to have an answer to the disactivated auto text command.

The problem is that the auto text does not activate when i click on the text. Normally a click on the text will open the Auto Text box. In my case - this doesn't work and I have to go about activating the text in a different way. See images 01/02/03 below which show the process i have to go through. Any know where i can find the general text settings as i think something has been disactivated with the TEXT TOOL ?

1) highlight and ring fence the whole text. (as opposed to being able to activate the relavant text by clicking on it) (see image AUTO TEXT 01) attached

2) right click "select & activate tool" (see image AUTO TEXT 02) attached

3) then use the auto text facility (see image AUTO TEXT 03) attached.

There seems to be a problem with being able to activate the text - this applies even if i create a NEW AUTO text - it would appear something in the general text settings has been disactivated - ANY ONE ANY IDEAS ?

Perhaps I have hot a shortcut of some sort without knowing it.
I am lost for what else to try........

Thanks all, as always
S.Wrist
Eduardo Rolon
Merged both post. Still not clear what you want to happen "automatically". AFAIK the procedure to edit text is still the same:
• Select Text (either the way you described) or by double clicking on it with "magnet" active
• Click on the autotext and right click to select "insert autotext" from the menu
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Reply : Any text created with the TEXT TOOL - in general - does not not allow me to edit it, by doing the usual double click on the text.

Instead I have to highlight the whole text box then mouse right click, to activate and edit.
This applies to all text. AUTO TEXT is the same - the only difference being the auto text has the # hash to indicate its automatic and normally, if you click it opens the auto text box, just like the Text tool allows you to edit when you double click. My problem is a general text tool problem it seems - auto text included. i.e. the selecting of text is not working as it should.

The facility to edit text is experiencing a problem - the way I have to do it, is by following the steps I showed in the images. This is NOT the normal way.

Was hoping someone knew where i should look to see if i have deactivated the text tool selection, somehow. Is it clear now ?
Eduardo Rolon
Do you have the "magnet" on prior to double clicking?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Yes with the magnet I can do as you say : it is just that normally, double clicking the text does the same thing. i.e. without having to press; space bar with the magnet activated as you suggest.
Eduardo Rolon
AFAIK that has never been the case, for double click to work you need to have the Magnet on (spacebar is ok).
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
eduardo - i will clarify :

if i hold space bar (to activate the magnet) then yes, i can activate the text and select it.
if i click on magnet tool first - then try double clicking the text - this also does the same as with space bar - both work.

However, I am not able to double click on text without having the magnet on.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok thanks- our mails crossed

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!