BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Adding site images during walk-throughs

jrmrt
Booster
Hello,

Is there any way to add images of site conditions and link them to a specific zone via the BIMx app? This would make for a wonderful tool during construction, and make communication with the builder much more streamlined.

Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
Hello jrmrt,

I am not sure I have understood your aim but you will probably like this document :

It is a document I have translated so sorry about the language.

Have a great day !
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
jrmrt
Booster
Hi Christophe,

Thank you for the reply! This sounds like it would be useful, but I'm trying to use BIMx to help with construction coordination. It seems like the app is more geared toward presentations, but I don't see why there couldn't be functionality added that could help catalogue the construction process with tagged images to specific areas in the BIMx model.

To be clear, I want to be able to get to the project during construction, take a photo of a wall being built up, and then tag it to a specific zone in the BIMx model. I hope this makes sense.

Thank you again for the reply!

Best,
Justin
Justin,

Ok I have understood.
You should use a database which will be able to link a container to element.
In France there is a application to do something like this :

You are able to create your own through FileMaker and link all file and data to an element :
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/54496/

It is possible to color these element too but I am not able to explain how.
It is a developper subject I think.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
jrmrt
Booster
Thank you! This all sounds very promising!

Best,

Justin