BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Advice needed re: fonts in BimX Pro

I am about to try out BimX Pro at the same time I am redoing office templates. I would like to standardize on a font that is going to read similarly for everyone who uses the file. Am I doomed to using to using Arial? (which I hate, btw). Are there other fonts which "play nice" across multiple platforms?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can publish PDF as PDF/A which should read the same anywhere (it embeds the font, rather than linking it).

I don't have BIMx pro, but it uses PDF export of layouts to show them, right? Maybe it can use PDF/A as well.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Following

I would also like to know about font compatibility between clients

I think Bimx is the future of where archicad should be heading
I also havent had much time to play with (Hyper-models) properly as yet
mainly because it is a pain to have to export it and open it on a tablet or mobile device.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard wrote:
I am about to try out BimX Pro... Am I doomed to using to using Arial?... Are there other fonts which "play nice" across multiple platforms?
Erwin wrote:
I don't have BIMx pro, but it uses PDF export of layouts to show them, right? Maybe it can use PDF/A as well.
Correct. BIMx Pro will view your published document set as a Hyper-model, meaning your drawings will convert into a hybrid raster/vector file format with all your fonts preserved as outlines.

BIMx Pro will show all the drawings you will publish to it with the fonts you set in your drawings. Even other language sets like Cyrillic or Chinese.

Side note: There is a small bug, though, and you should always name 3D views in your BIMx publisher set in Latin letters (read — in English), as if you use any language subset (Cyrillic, for instance) the title of the view (displayed on the very top of BIMx window on iPad) will display garbage letters. If you plan on only using English, you can safely disregard this issue.