BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

After saving as a GSM object, the original data is retained

AC_Cat
Contributor

Hello, I have a profound question for you
For example, if I use the column tool as the cabinet leg of a cabinet (of course, there are other walls, beams, plates, etc. that form a cabinet), I can read the height of the cabinet leg without saving it as an object. But if I save it as an object, the height of the cabinet leg of the newly created object will be lost. I hope that after saving it as an object, The new saved object still has the information about the height of the cabinet leg. Is there any way?

2 REPLIES 2
Djordje
Ace

The GLD objects that you build with the Archicad tools are limited in their parameters.

The obvious way to a fully parametric objects is to learn GDL scripting (easier than you think, look for GDL CookBook online).

You can also use Param-O. https://Graphisoft.com/downloads/param-o

or Library Part Maker https://Graphisoft.com/downloads/addons/lpm/INT

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

Thank you for your reply!
But when we are doing actual projects, we hope to be more convenient.
In my question, this is just an example, such as when we want to make a custom door.
A custom door can only have a door frame and cannot have a door cover. If there is a door cover, an error will be returned. So at this time, I can only use the door tool to create a custom door that does not include a door cover. At this time When you want to add a door cover to this door, you need to use other tools to form a complete door through multiple elements. Such a door has multiple elements.
So, at this time, I hope that the complete door (including the door cover) can be regarded as a complete object, and then placed in an empty hole. In this way, there is no way for this door (made of objects) Read the information about the size of this hole.
I think the disadvantage of AC is that there is no way to read information across elements? That is, the way of current element or other element information? It would be great if it could.

Learn and get certified!