Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Align 2D texture (fill) + direction of level dimension

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

Align texture fill/hatch) Is there a way to align your 2D texture/fill? I have created a a brick pattern fill which I have applied to my wall. Anyhow, the pattern doesn't start where it should. Is there a way to specify an origin for the fill?

Dimension marker) I want to place a level dimension measure on my floor plan. I'm doing this with Level Dimension Tool > Level Dimension > selecting this marker:

Anyhow, the problem is that the text aligns only to the right side of the marker. If I want to move text to the left side, the marker will overlap with the text.
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Kris wrote:
Align texture fill/hatch) Is there a way to align your 2D texture/fill? I have created a brick pattern fill which I have applied to my wall. Anyhow, the pattern doesn't start where it should. Is there a way to specify an origin for the fill?

Could you show me on a screenshot how this looks now and what you would like to achieve?

Dimension marker) I want to place a level dimension measure on my floor plan. I'm doing this with Level Dimension Tool > Level Dimension > selecting this marker: markertype.png

Anyhow, the problem is that the text aligns only to the right side of the marker. If I want to move text to the left side, the marker will overlap with the text. markertype2.png

You can select the Level Dimension and mirror it at the center of its cross. Then the Leader line will also get mirrored and will not overlap the Dimension Text.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
Could you show me on a screenshot how this looks now and what you would like to achieve?
Ok so there are two things. The first is that the fill doesn't start from the edge of the wall but leaves a narrow gap in-between.

This is what the fill looks like

_________________________________________________________________________________

And here's the second problem. Fill starts from a different point on floor 2 than it does on floor 1. The problem might be that the walls in two floors connect to each other differently? Although I don't know why and how to fix it (see image 2).

_________________________________________________________________________________
LaszloNagy wrote:
You can select the Level Dimension and mirror it at the center of its cross. Then the Leader line will also get mirrored and will not overlap the Dimension Text.
I tried to mirror it from the cross (clicking the dot at the center) and it would still overlap. Could there be something in the marker options that I'm doing wrong?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Kris wrote:
LaszloNagy wrote:
Ok so there are two things. The first is that the fill doesn't start from the edge of the wall but leaves a narrow gap in-between.
side.png

This is what the fill looks like
hatch.png

I do not have an answer to this, except that to check the Fill Type definition whether this is how it is defined in the Fill Types Dialog, then redefine the Fill, if not so the Fill starts from the lower left corner of a Brick.
But seeing your Fill pattern, this may not be the case.

Kris wrote:
And here's the second problem. Fill starts from a different point on floor 2 than it does on floor 1. The problem might be that the walls in two floors connect to each other differently? Although I don't know why and how to fix it (see image 2).
btwn.png
floor12.png

Here again, I don't know what could be the problem. It works for me. Even when the intersection of the Walls is like what you show in you image.

My only suggestion is to play with the "Align Texture to Wall Edges" and "End Surface Override using Adjoining Walls" checkboxes in the "Model" panel of the Wall Settings Dialog, see if they make any difference.

Kris wrote:
LaszloNagy wrote:

I tried to mirror it from the cross (clicking the dot at the center) and it would still overlap. Could there be something in the marker options that I'm doing wrong?

This is strange. When I answered you I could swear I managed to do it, but now that I am trying it again, I cannot make it work like that. So it seems that it is indeed not possible to make the leader line start from the lower right corner of the Dimension Text, it always starts from the lower left corner. You could make a wish for this if you want for this to be implemented.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I couldn't figure it. I find it very confusing that the fill doesn't start from the bottom left corner, but instead has a narrow gap from the left. I'll keep on searching.

Thank you anyways!

EDIT: I found out that apparently the fill is linked to 3D surface, so if I align it in 3D it will align on elevations as well. Anyhow, with the brick wall it doesn't work out like that because of the mortar lines. Should I change it and how? I mean what would be a good search word for it?