BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Align View

rengarch
Participant
I am trying to determine the location of the camera in an existing photograph of the site with the Align View. I followed the tutorial carefully but when the camera is suppose to be placed on the floor plan I don't see it. I see a camera placed in the 3D Project Settings under Perspective. Isn't the camer icon suppose to placed on the floor plan? Hope this is clear.
If anyone can direct me to better tutorial which probably involves photoshop manipulations, I would appreciate it. See attachment

Thanks in advance.
Rita

REA86.jpg
Rita MF Eng, AIA
iMac 27" 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096MB
MAC OSX 10.11.6
Archicad 20
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Question 1: Why is your photo rotated?

Question 2: What geometry method is set on your camera tool - Perspective, VR Object or VR scene? (Should be Perspective - camera icon)
rengarch
Participant
For some reason I was trying to align the horizon with the same direction as the wall. I guess I don't have to do that. I was also trying to align with an exterior shot which has something about rotating the horizon to the x axis. Yes my camer icon is set to camera.
Thanks for any help
Rita MF Eng, AIA
iMac 27" 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096MB
MAC OSX 10.11.6
Archicad 20
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
rengarch wrote:
I followed the tutorial carefully but when the camera is suppose to be placed on the floor plan I don't see it. I see a camera placed in the 3D Project Settings under Perspective. Isn't the camer icon suppose to placed on the floor plan?
Rita:

If a camera is not there, there is a command "Put a camera into the path" to place a camera from the current perspective view. Also check the Path Options dialog box (accessible from the Path... button on the Camera/VR Settings dialog box) to see if your Display Options for the path is set to "None".

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!