BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

All relevant stories

KeesW
Advocate
When selecting elements to show Archicad gives us the choice of current story, current plus story above, story below, combinations and custom settings. It also has 'all relevant stories' and I have been trying to understand what this means and when it can be applied. Every instance where I have wanted to use it has been unsuccessful. For example, the vertical spine wall of a stair in a 3 storey building, with split floor levels where it is hard to define relevant floor level breaks. It is then much easier to make the spine continuous from bottom to top. Using any of the above option are difficult and usually unsuccessful because the stair breaks don't necessarily coincide with floor level breaks. So, I thought 'all relevant stories' sounds like the thing to use .....but it doesn't work. So again, what is it for and when do we use it?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
1 REPLY 1
Lingwisyer
Guru
All Relevant Stories takes into account your Floor Plan Cut Plane Settings. So if something set to All Relevant Stories falls within the relative limits set here, it will show using it's overhead or outline settings regardless if the story it is on. Not sure how it handles sloped entities. Though in your example, it should be cutting the spine the same as if the spine was drawn on the current story...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!