BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Alpha transparency is not working

Hello there!

AC18, CineRender engine, standard objects and materials.

I have a strange situation here: a "Solar Shade Straight" object in front of a window . The louvers are made of perforated steel material (Metal - Perforated Small Dots). If I render from the inside, the louvers are not transparent at all although the light is getting in the room. If I remove the window object everything is rendering normally.
The attached image shows both situations, in the middle there is no window behind the lovers.

Any suggestions?

transparency_pb_resize.jpg
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi uisanata.

I tried to reproduce your problem and succeeded. However i couldn't pinpoint the exact setting causing this behaviour.

It seems that the anomaly is related to render quality settings. If you choose medium quality presets from the PhotoRendering settings and dont change them, then everything should render correctly.

Maybe somebody else could tell you the percise setting that is causing this kind of effect.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
I am not certain, but I would look at the Ray Threshold and Ray Depth values. In the Help files see User Interface Reference > Dialog Boxes > Detailed CineRender Settings > General Options for more information about these values.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
try this, go to view on the menu , select 3d options , activate the internal 3d engine then 3d projection setting. go to document on the menu , creative imaging to photo rendering setting. this would work. most important is the 3d engine.
Thank you for your replies.
Changing the render settings solved the problem.
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
Learn and get certified!