Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Amyuni PDF Printing Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’ve recently upgraded our office’s five licenses of ArchiCAD to version 9 (I know, I know, just in time for version 10 to be released) about six week ago and have had sever PDF printing problems. Installations were fairly easy, installed using ArchiCAD CD, then downloaded and installed latest hot fix 2172. Two weeks later I went to publish/print a layout sheet to PDF and ended up with a big problem, I couldn’t.
Once I clicked publish/print (like I’ve done many times successfully in the previous version) it sent the job to the print queue and sat there. It wouldn’t even let me delete it; I had to restart my computer to remove the item from the queue. PlotMaker would freeze up after every try made. I tried deleting the preferences and letting the program create new default without avail. I even tried setting the port assignment from LPT1 to others with the same results.

The problem exists in ArchiCAD and PlotMaker using both the print and publish functions.

To complicate matters more, my Acrobat PDF writer 5.0 will no longer publish PDF’s correctly in PlotMaker or ArchiCAD. It substitutes all the text on the sheet with random numbers and letters that can’t be distinguish as any known language. Even with the box checked to embed all fonts.

Any help on the situation would be appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
When i try to use the Amyuni i had some problem with the fonts
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=9270&highlight=
Get the adobe PDF printer ,is much much better
I never had a problem with it
Erika Epstein
Booster
matt.pastula wrote:
Two weeks later I went to publish/print a layout sheet to PDF and ended up with a big problem, I couldn’t.

To complicate matters more, my Acrobat PDF writer 5.0 will no longer publish PDF’s correctly in PlotMaker or ArchiCAD. It substitutes all the text on the sheet with random numbers and letters that can’t be distinguish as any known language. Even with the box checked to embed all fonts.
-Don't publish; select items in navigator and Print.

Uncheck that 'box checked to embed all fonts.'
and remember not to check the save to file

HTH\
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika:

Opps, the 'publish/print' that I indicated was that my problem exists when I us the publish function in both ArchiCAD and PlotMaker, as well as the print function by selecting from the navigator as you suggested.

Also tried unchecking the 'embed all fonts' box which amounts to the same problem. I never check the 'save to file' box.

Very strange problem. Never have this happen in version 8.1.

Cheers,
Matt
Anonymous
Not applicable
Miker:

Tried all the items in your suggested link with no change in the problem. My Acrobat 5.0 still saves the PDF file correctly but with the font problem. Acrobat still works with any other program on my computer. It has to be something between ArchiCAD, PlotMaker and the Amyuni print driver.

Still don't understand why this problem is occurring.

Cheers,
Matt
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't stand using the amyuni printer, that things a pig. Out of curiousity, what font are you using in your .pln and .lbk files? I have changed all of our default fonts to arial for our plan documentation (this keeps things uniform, and when we export to autocad, I don't have to build a huge font translation table). I am currently using Adobe's Acrobat 7.0 without any problem whatsoever.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't choose the "Amyuni" printer ,choose the "Adobe PDF"
Anonymous
Not applicable
chad.lawson wrote:
Out of curiousity, what font are you using in your .pln and .lbk files?
We have standardized on Arial in ArchiCAD and PlotMaker. The Tech. support guy just sent me a freeware PDF creator (PDF factory 1.42) that worked fine. It might be time to upgrade our Acrobat from 5 to the latest version. It still doesn't explain the original problem I was having with my old Acrobat or current Amyuni driver.

Tech. support and I are still exchanging emails, we'll see if they have a fix for the problem. Stay tunned.
Anonymous
Not applicable
miker wrote:
Don't choose the "Amyuni" printer ,choose the "Adobe PDF"
This doesn't work. See my original post.