BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Animations to Quick Time Pro

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anyone aware as to the possibility of adding timed pauses to animations in Quick Time Pro?

I am producing scenes in AC, running a flythrough to produce Maxwell mxs files, then rendering the batch to jpegs. I then load the sequence into Quick Time Pro to produce my animation. the problem with this, is that I loose my added frames to pause at certain points in the animation.

I presume I could achieve this in Premier Elements if QTP was not up to the task, but QTP is obviously much easier to use.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
The only way I know of is to add images in the sequence. i.e. If you are importing at 5 seconds per frame and you want an image to be "paused" for 20 seconds you will need 4 copies of that image in the sequence.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I considered that approach. I will give that a try and report back.

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Adding more frames seems to be the way to go. Did a simple copy paste repetition with the file i wanted to create the pause with, but QTP doesn't recognise these additional files, and so one has to highlight all of the files (in Windows Explorer) in the sequence, right click and rename, to rename the entire sequence and include the duplicates.

Works well.
Learn and get certified!