BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Annotation workflow question

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
I have a logistic question about annotation workflow in Archicad. Lets say I need multiple drawings based on first floor from project map. I would make these drawings inside view map, where each one of them would have specific layer combination, overlays, etc.. so far so good. However, what if I need to annotate different things on each one of those drawings? Right now, no matter which floor plan I use for annotation or labels, they show in all views of that specific floor plan. I am missing something here? I suppose I could add specific annotate layer for each view, but that looks like a workaround.
Thanks,
Petar
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Separate annotation layers for each different floor plan view is exactly what you want.
All the views will share the same modelling layers for walls, roof, etc.
But if you want different annotation (plan, site, electrical, large scale, etc.), then you just create a new annotation layer that is used with only that view.
Set up layer combinations that control the layers and these layer combinations are saved with each view - so it all becomes automatic.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry,
Thank you for your clarifications, could you elaborate how it becomes automatic? Were you refering to layer combinations?
Barry Kelly
The layer combination is saved with the view.
So as soon as you activate the plan view you want, the correct layer combination is automatically set.
This also translates to the views you place as drawings on your layouts - they will automatically have the correct layer combination.

When working on the plan you of course have the choice of just changing the layer combination to get to the correct annotation layer you want or using the views in the view map and the layer combination will be set for you.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
This makes sense. thank you for fast reply.
Regards,
Petar
Learn and get certified!