BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

ArchiCAD 10 and Lightworks (radiosity?)

Anonymous
Not applicable
People,

does anyone know for sure whether ACX will support Lightworks Engine 7.5 that includes radiosity?

Thank you in advance
13 REPLIES 13
Dwight
Newcomer
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ac10/demo/

based on announcements, it seems quite sure that it won't.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
such a shame...
stefan
Expert
chris_pap wrote:
such a shame...
Considering the large focus on improvde modeling and integrating plotmaker, it comes as no surprise...
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Why do you keep insisting that ArchiCAD must work as a 3D visualization tool?? why?

ArchiCAD is for Architects that make 3D modeling for BIM purposes, not for showing the client a 3D image.

Use ArchiCAD to really make architectural projects, but for ones who claim radiosity and etc, why don't you just leave the architect business and move on to visualization business....and buy a really software for that...

simple and smart.

regards
Anonymous
Not applicable
.....and not for talk about the computer capabilities to make radiosity renders....

......you would have to buy equipment not compatible with a ArchiCAD normal workstation....it's just a question of "what do you want to do for living?"
Dwight
Newcomer
Fair enough, but ArchiCAD IS sold as a complete package.
This package SHOULD contain a contemporary rendering capacity.

While I admit that it does mean a change of career to become a competent illustrator, users have a right to expect that capacity from the application.

Furthermore, we are saddled with this difficult, hacked-up lighting strategy as an implementation compromise while full implementation of the LightWorks feature languishes.

Boo.
Dwight Atkinson
TomWaltz
Participant
Retirado wrote:
it's just a question of "what do you want to do for living?"
Get paid lots for doing little. Know anybody hiring for that?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCAD is a design tool first and a document tool second. The problem with AutoCAD is that it is not a design tool. 3D modeling and being able to see "life like'" approximations makes cardboard models, colored elevations, and renderings obsolete for the designer. The fact that I can show a select few of my views to the client is a plus but not the goal. Seeing light quality,
atmosphere, reflection isn't 'eye candy' its part of good design. Because I can create DWG files for use in AutoCAD, there is less room for interpretation by the production staff. BIM contract documents may be the goal for some, but great design is what we should all be striving for.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom Walts,

If i know anybody???......in the current days i see more and more architects using the knowledge of professional 3D companies. If you want to be on top you can't to professional renders...

In my opinion is a actual and future business......

A lot of my ArchiCAD clients send their models to companies who really know how to make professional renderings and animation....
Learn and get certified!