Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

ArchiCAD 10 and OpenGL

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see today a press release about ArchiCAD 10. One feature I am very interested in would be the OpenGL. Does anyone know if this has been improved with shading, perhaps shadows, better lighting, etc.

Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
Karl Ottenstein
GS will have to answer for now. "Officially", we testers are not released from confidentiality until the actual ship date. As of the announcement today, we can comment on anything in the announcement, but not anything beyond what is announced.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
That being the case Karl, What can you tell us about putting .pdf's into ArchiCAD drawings? Can this be done using the figure tool? How is it done. Can it have a transparent background too? Can ArchiCAD generate 3D stuff you can view as 3d using Acrobat Pro ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
That being the case Karl, What can you tell us about putting .pdf's into ArchiCAD drawings? Can this be done using the figure tool? How is it done. Can it have a transparent background too? Can ArchiCAD generate 3D stuff you can view as 3d using Acrobat Pro ?
Steve,

The following PDF link was posted in another thread today....I believe it will answer your current questions and more...see pages 58-63

http://www.designintegrations.com/files/ArchiCAD10/newfeatures10.pdf

HTH,
Dan K
Thanks for the link Dan. ArchiCAD 10 is U3D compatible.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for not answering the question, I wouldn't want to see you go to jail. Changing the topic didn't help either,,, sheeez.

Anyway, if they improve it and also provide us a way to export models we can post on the web - like this:

LINK DELETED - OUT OF DATE

Then I would gladly buy it and consider all of the other improvements as icing on the cake.

Mark
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Burginger wrote:
Thanks for not answering the question, I wouldn't want to see you go to jail. Changing the topic didn't help either,,, sheeez.

Anyway, if they improve it and also provide us a way to export models we can post on the web - like this:

http://www.burginger.com/Collette/Collette_Addition.html

http://www.burginger.com/EARWICKER/EARWICKER_HOME2.html

Then I would gladly buy it and consider all of the other improvements as icing on the cake.

Mark
Hi Mark,
I couldn't get your links to work but in the wirefusion site it worked and I wonder if it's a pure orbit browser? Any interaction possibilities?
Looked fine but for communicationg with the customer I'm totally stoked on Zermatt (www.zermatt.se). If you only need the stuff lying on your website wirefusion is ok though.
Cheers,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think Wirefusion's implementation is JAVA. I need to export a 3ds model, then import into Cinema, then export as a VRML2, then finally into Wirefusion.

If ACX exports a VRML2, then it would save time and effort.
Karl Ottenstein
Burginger wrote:
Thanks for not answering the question, I wouldn't want to see you go to jail.
"Get out of jail free" card received. I'm not aware of any improvements in OpenGL appearance (shadows, lighting, etc.).

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB