BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

ArchiCAD 12 & Artlantis 2

Robert Fuchs
Booster
Hey, here is my first project with ArchiCAD12 and Artlantis 2.
I thought I would try a night shot. I love the filters that can be used on the renderings. I used the exposure option on these. I tried to use the neon shader for the car lights but Art2 would crash or lock up every time. I did get the shader on the light post but I couldn't change the shader color from bright white. So I still have a lot to learn with this new version but it is really nice. My Dual G5 2.0 just doesn't cut it anymore either. You really need to upgrade your hardware with this software upgrade.

What do you guys think?

View-0_4-night-sm.jpg
Robert Fuchs
Miller Bosksus Lack Architects, P.A.
2x2.26GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon w/10 GB RAM
Mac OSX 10.6.4, AC 14 (3004 USA Full)
25 REPLIES 25
Dwight
Newcomer
Well, okay, then.

Here's just 35 minutes with around 20 light sources.
Smoke-break.-Night-Shift.-Albertsons's-Grocery.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
And again, around thirty light sources - i turned off that lousy neon effect totally... for a 35 minute solution
Ignazio's nightwork.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight,

What's with the white circles in the blue light image?

Justin
Dwight
Newcomer
On the walls? Pretty whack, eh?

You see that near the top of the lower tower in the last posting, too.

If Dean Martin was a computer illustrator: "When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's photorealism."

Some reflections from something i guess. Maybe chrome on the cars?? I like it because it implies that the world is not totally predictable. In Artlantis, the previews often have exaggerated light effects....

Stick with Cinema.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks like the rays of the ground lights passing thru the tree leaves projecting on the wall.
As the light source is closer than the projection surface probably the optic algorithm of the software project it as a circle... Sometimes optic is really weird... Go figure...

Edit: BTW Dwight... Great night render!... One of the best I've ever seen... The sky is perfect!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Very nice images.

Speaking of...how's the Artlantis book coming Dwight? Getting more and more excited about it the more I play with Artlantis.
Learn and get certified!