BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

ArchiCAD 18 Bimx Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone;

I have a problem about Archicad 18 Bimx. My problem is; Bimx dial command is not active in 3D drawing screen. I can't transfer modellings to BIMx. I'm adding a photo-down menu on the state. Thank you in advance for your help.

bimx.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
bestordu wrote:
Hi everyone;

I have a problem about Archicad 18 Bimx. My problem is; Bimx dial command is not active in 3D drawing screen. I can't transfer modellings to BIMx. I'm adding a photo-down menu on the state. Thank you in advance for your help.
A few ideas:
- verify that the BIMx Add-On has been installed correctly: C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ArchiCAD 18\Add-Ons\BIMx\BIMx.apx
- verify that in Add-On Manager (Option menu) it is not disabled
- if both of these appear to be good re-run the ArchiCAD installer, which will run in repair mode

Let me know the results,
Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marton wrote:
bestordu wrote:
Hi everyone;

A few ideas:
- verify that the BIMx Add-On has been installed correctly: C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ArchiCAD 18\Add-Ons\BIMx\BIMx.apx
- verify that in Add-On Manager (Option menu) it is not disabled
- if both of these appear to be good re-run the ArchiCAD installer, which will run in repair mode

Let me know the results,
Marton
Marton Kiss, Thank you for the answer first. You're right. I did what you say and status of the "Add-Ons menus is;

How can I fix it?
Barry Kelly
First I would check your Work Environment - make sure you have the default 'Standard" WE applied.

Also when you select it in the Add-on Manager list what does it say in the 'Add-on Info' section?

Then if that doesn't work try re-running the Archicad installer which as Martin said will run in repair mode.
This should fix the BIMx add-on as it is part of Archicad now.

If that doesn't work then I would un-install and re-install completely.

If that doesn't work then post back here or ideally contact you Archicad support person.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
First I would check your Work Environment - make sure you have the default 'Standard" WE applied.

Also when you select it in the Add-on Manager list what does it say in the 'Add-on Info' section?

Then if that doesn't work try re-running the Archicad installer which as Martin said will run in repair mode.

If that doesn't work then post back here or ideally contact you Archicad support person.

Barry.
Ok than, I'll apply what you says and I will give information about the situation. Thank you for your answer Barry.
Anonymous
Not applicable
bestordu wrote:
Barry wrote:

Barry.
Ok than, I'll apply what you says and I will give information about the situation. Thank you for your answer Barry.
I uninstall the program and re-installed. but the problem still exists. Add-Ons info of BIMx is: "Error while checking the environment" =/
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
bestordu wrote:
I uninstall the program and re-installed. but the problem still exists. Add-Ons info of BIMx is: "Error while checking the environment" =/
Please start the BIMx.exe from the same folder. When it starts up does it show the type of license you have (e.g: commercial, educational)?
I have a feeling that somehow it cannot locate your ArchiCAD license, that also drives BIMx. Do you have a local or a network license key for ArchiCAD?

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marton wrote:
bestordu wrote:
Please start the BIMx.exe from the same folder. When it starts up does it show the type of license you have (e.g: commercial, educational)?
I have a feeling that somehow it cannot locate your ArchiCAD license, that also drives BIMx. Do you have a local or a network license key for ArchiCAD?

Marton
Thank you for your answer, marton. I have Network License Key and my network license is runnig like that screen-shot:

Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi bestordu,

Could you please check if there's a BIMx_Export_Log.txt file in your Documents folder (C:\Users\username\Documents)?
If yes, please send it to me in pm.

Thanks,
Csaba
bestordu wrote:
Marton wrote:
bestordu wrote:

Marton
Thank you for your answer, marton. I have Network License Key and my network license is runnig like that screen-shot:

Csaba Kézér
Director, Global Customer Support
Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok everyone! I solved this problem. I uninstalled and re-installed my antivirus software Eset. Eset...

Thank you very much to everyone for their help.