BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

ArchiCAD 20 Updated Text

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone else, after updating to ArchiCAD 20, had the issue of typing text and when you're finished it automatically resizes itself much smaller to the point you can't read it? Not sure if there's a new setting we need to adjust or if this is a bug.
15 REPLIES 15
Karl Ottenstein
It sounds like you are describing normal behavior. When you edit text, the text editing window displays the text at a size that can be read. When you finish, the text is placed/replaced at the font size specified in the settings and at the current scale/zoom of whatever view you are in.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully this screenshot helps clarify. Once finished typing or correcting text I click out of the text box and it resizes to size 0.29 when everything else is typically at 6.00. And this text was typed and started out at size 6.00 as well. Text I'm referring to is in the selected box on the left hand size. Everyone in our office is having same issue, so I wasn't sure if anyone else has noticed it.
Brett Brown
Advocate
Yes, this is happening to me also but not every time
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
DGSketcher
Legend
If this is TEXT rather than a LABEL then there is a setting for paper or model size in the tool settings. Paper will set the font to actual size e.g. 2mm whereas Model size will scale up the font from 2mm @ 1:50 scale to be 100mm so it prints out at 2mm.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Dave Jochum
Advocate
I have this problem as well and it is definitely a glitch. It happens in both text boxes and labels and only with the first edit in a particular window. Extremely annoying. This is occurring under Yosemite as well.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi All,

This is an issue which seems to affect only selected users and so far has been extremely elusive to try and figure it out since we cannot reproduce the conditions that lead to the problem.

I am assisting in gathering information on this matter for the USA and Canadian markets. I will reach out to any users in the USA or Canada who post here to gather some information from you. If you are located outside the USA or Canada, please contact your local distributor with a reference to Defect # 216179.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We will do our best to track down the root cause of this issue.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for looking into it Nick! I will follow the instructions in the email you sent.
jakubc7
Advocate
I can confirm that this happens to me. Australian Subscription, International Version of ARCHICAD 20 with current hotfix (and prior also). Very annoying bug.
ArchiCAD 10 - 25 | Windows 10
ARCHIcreate | Perth, Western Australia
archicad solutions | content creation | training | software implementation
Dave Jochum
Advocate
In addition to the text re-sizing, formatting can also be lost, though not in every case. The best workaround is when selecting a text box or label to revise, if it is the first such revision in a particular window, immediately de-select it, then undo the shrinkage. Re-select and continue with revision. At least in my experience, the formatting is never lost with this method.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
Learn and get certified!