Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

ArchiCAD 21 Dimension Bug?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm thinking this may be a bug.

I am dimensioning wall, doors, windows, etc. across the floor plan as usual. When I leave the view and return to it (regenerate the window) the dimensions are still pinned to the walls, but the dimensions of the doors and windows are gone, and there is an additional dimension to the project origin point. This happens automatically and randomly. As soon as I delete the dimension node to the origin, the node and witness lines to the doors and windows reappear.

Any thoughts?
7 REPLIES 7
reidweber
Enthusiast
Hello, I also have seen this happen at times. I'm not sure what causes it but it usually happens on larger project files and at random times. I've noticed the dimension lines, when drawn to the project origin, do not print but it is frustrating to work in as there are random dimension lines crossing my floor plans which makes it generally confusing to work within. Has anyone addressed this issue and figured out how to fix it?

Thank you,

Reid
ArchiCAD 24, 25 & 26 US
WINDOWS PC, 16GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHZ, NVIDIA GEForce GTX 970, ASUS, CM6870, Rev X.0x
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

I have seen this behaviour before, but could never track it down. The last time I have seen this was in this topic, but unfortunately when we contacted the user who posted it, we couldn't reproduce it.

If there are certain steps in a specific file that causes this for sure, (and preferably it does the same on other machines as well), then please send me a PLA of the file, with the steps in a Private Message, so that I can reproduce it myself and ask the developers what it might be.

Also, if you have access to ARCHICAD 22, it might be worth checking the same file in that version (maybe it was caused by something that had been fixed since).

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
i have had this happen every time i cut a section through the plans and return back to the floor plan it does seem to be caused by the sections in my cased has been repeated on other computers in the office.
If i close the section tab it will clear up in time and the dimension will return to normal. i can also change the dimension "type" and it will go back to normal. but this continues to happen and i have to make sure the plan are fixed prior to making any PDF's
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been experiencing this issue on AC23 as well, only on certain dimensions - can't track down to see what the pattern is
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
benjamin_chan wrote:
I've been experiencing this issue on AC23 as well, only on certain dimensions - can't track down to see what the pattern is
Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for sharing the issue and I am very sorry about the experience!

I found a similar bug (#234196) that was fixed already in AC22. I believe you are still having it in AC23 and AC24? Could you share with us the PLA file for further investigation, along with steps to reproduce it?
Let me know if you need a place to upload the file to!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am on AC24 and the bug is still happening. The dimension lines are about 4 times longer than on screen
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for the screenshot!

Would it be possible for you to share with us the file in PLA format for further investigation? It would be very helpful if you can show us how to reproduce the issue with the file also!

Please let me know if you need a secure place to upload the file.
Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT