Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

ArchiCAD 21 Labels text jumping

fuzzytnth3
Booster
Anyone else seeing this behaviour in AC21?
This happening with ArchiCAD's Elevation Label 21

Then if you select all labels opening the settings and just click OK it fixes the labels

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvqoi89ng8dk6fn/beforesettings.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t84jdi2dzx0r6dw/aftersettings.jpg?dl=0
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
11 REPLIES 11
gpowless
Advocate
All labels do that. It is a bug. However, I haven't noticed that it affects the layouts. They seem to remain correct.

To fix it select all labels and change the leader orientation to something else and then change it back. That is a temporary fix.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
fuzzytnth3
Booster
gpowless wrote:
All labels do that. It is a bug. However, I haven't noticed that it affects the layouts. They seem to remain correct.

To fix it select all labels and change the leader orientation to something else and then change it back. That is a temporary fix.
You don't even need to change the leader orientation, all you need to do is open the settings and click ok. The label's text jump back to the correct position
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
I find that reloading libraries also fixes it, but its based on scales.

I find that any label that the pointer is not anchored on the top will be affected if there are different saved scales in the same window in different view sets.

it chooses the largest of these scales and resets the position of the text to that location and shortens the pointer arrow to that position if you ever make the view with a larger scale active while working.

It gets even worse, if you have different scales in different elevation/sections/internal elevation views, it bases the resize on these other windows .

This is really bad...Graphisoft Please fix this
Red
Advocate
This could possibly be related... The text randomly moves away from the callout. Easy (yet annoying) fix is to select all leader text and turn the leader off and back on. However, this it easy to overlook on sheets when you are already several sheets deep into a project. Fix, reprint, rinse, repeat...
Thanks,
Red
i7 8700k
ROG Strix Z390-E MoBo
64gb RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 2080
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello All,

This is a known issue in ARCHICAD 21, that happens to Labels with Pointers. When you change the scale, the position of the Label content slightly changes, to align properly in that scale as well. Unfortunately, because of some changes made to ARCHICAD 21, after you change the scale it won't check whether it should make this change or not. We are working on a fix for this.

Although it might be slightly annoying to see this happen while you work, this checking is done at Drawing Update, so on Published Layouts everything should look OK. Also, opening the Label's Settings Dialog, and clicking OK on it (without changes) fixes the positions as well.
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
lukegolesh
Participant
I have a similar issue. Mine doesn't go away on the layout/ publish, so it is a bigger issue. It seems to happen when a note has an autotext reference. I tested this on a handful of notes (with and without the autotext) and the arrow lines of all of the notes with autotext jumped whereas none of the arrow lines of text without autotext jumped (up to top from both middle and bottom). Model view is correctly placed, but the layout/ publish is most the arrow line up.
Archicad 24
macOS Catalina Version 10.15.5
Macbook Pro - 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
lukegolesh
Participant
Model view is correct, but the layout/publish is incorrect because the arrow line moves up.
Archicad 24
lukegolesh
Participant
Is this a known issue/ bug? Is there anything I can do? Thanks so much in advance!
Archicad 24
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I will report this to Graphisoft.
By the way, which AC24 build are you using?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27