Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

ArchiCAD 21 - label disappears when wall is deleted - NOT GROUPED

KCSFCA
Newcomer
I have been using ArchiCAD for 18 years & ArchiCAD 21 for about a year & have pretty much gotten over all the initial drama of having functionality changed on many standard high use tools in this version. Today I tried to delete a little piece of wall from a floor plan & all the text labels on that story disappeared. Nothing is grouped. Nothing is hotlinked. Just a regular floor plan with no outside references. Why would these labels be linked to this piece of wall & how do I unlink them? I even restarted the computer. Didn't fix it.
3 REPLIES 3
KCSFCA
Newcomer
P.S. I temporarily rigged this by copying the labels - then deleting the wall & watching them all disappear - then paste & got just the labels back - but this is not a solution. It just got it off my to-do list.
Karl Ottenstein
It sounds like you have associative labels - grouping has nothing to do with them, only static elements. It is the same as deleting a wall that has associative (dynamic) dimensions - the dimensions will go away when the wall is deleted. Copying/pasting associated elements - such as labels or dimensions - gives you static elements...which will have no relation to any other elements. Typically, a risky thing.

It seems (?) that your labels were somehow all associated with the wall that you deleted. Hover you mouse over a label, and if it is associated with that wall, the label AND the wall will be highlighted (default blue). This hasn't changed in years.

??
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Barry Kelly
Post moved.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11