Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

ArchiCAD 22 - copy and paste within text boxes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,
I am having an issue where i am trying to copy partial text within a text box and paste it into another text box. It looks like the text doesn't even copy to the clipboard when I select "copy" and hence when I paste there is nothing! My colleague has the same problem. We are using ArchiCAD 22. If we copy and paste text from elsewhere, such as Notepad, it seems to work fine. It only happens when trying to copy from text box to text box within ArchiCAD. Is this a bug? Has anyone else had this issue?
Thanks
57 REPLIES 57

Well,
the problem has been appearing for years (please search the forum) in different versions of Archicad and on different devices around the world. It could be interesting if it were not very bothersome. As I already wrote, this only happens during operations inside Archicad - no matter how the command is run. Copy/paste between Archicad and other programs works. The problem does not occur within any other programs.

Sincerely

Paweł

I am having the same problem on my machine in V24. I have also had this happen in previous versions as well. I am using a USA version and Windows 10. I agree, this is very annoying and the text editor needs to be updated!

Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

AC 24 / 25 / 26 USA | Windows 10 Pro | GeForce RTX 2060 Super | 32 GB |Intel i7-8700K @3.70 Ghz
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your comments!

From our experience, this issue could come from many sources: other programs controlling the keyboards, keyboards' own driver issue, or even from Antivirus software. For example, in one case, we found that the ESET NOD32 antivirus was the culprit.

This makes troubleshooting the problem a lot harder. Usually, as the first step, I suggest checking the clipboard history on Windows (Windows + V) to identify whether the issue is with the "copy" action or with the "paste" action. I would also suggest contacting your local support, as they can provide a timely answer in case we require some special logs from the affected machine.

Thank you very much for your understanding! Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Thanks Minh. I do use ESET for Antivirus. I will call support and see if they can help.

-Andy

Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

AC 24 / 25 / 26 USA | Windows 10 Pro | GeForce RTX 2060 Super | 32 GB |Intel i7-8700K @3.70 Ghz
SMArquitetos
Participant

Hi to all, I'm Sam, It's my first post here.

Regarding the topic, is there any fix to this issue? I'm using the portuguese AC25 with the latest update and copy from within text is still present.

To developers:

When you open the text box, if you trigger control+ C the text does not get copied immediately. If you wait a little bit and resume the copy command, then it copies the content. But still, you have to wait from 10 to 20 seconds for it to work. If you right click on the mouse and choose the copy shortcut, then the text gets copied immediately and without issue.

It's annoying folks...

Best regards to all.

Lux
Contributor

The issue occurs for me on AC23-25. Copy of paste of text from text boxes, labels do not register. It doesn't appear in the windows snippet. However, I can copy text from notepad, Word etc into Archicad no problem.

This has just started happening on a new Windows install (Win10 latest updates). All other softwares are the same as the previous machine.

Hi Sam,

Thank you very much for the question and I am very sorry for the experience!

Based on the description, it looks like the problem is slightly different from what were reported in this thread. I'm wondering if the slowness happens also on a brand new file? Does the slowness happen only when copying text, or when copying objects also?

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Hi Minh,

the issue occours even on brand new files. The issue is only present while copying text from within Archicad. Every time I need to copy text I must right click on the mouse, otherwise have to wait long time. Other thing, copying text from menus function witout an issue where you cant right click with your mouse (naming of sheets for example or viewports).

Best regards.

Hi Sam,

I'm very sorry to hear that! To continue the investigation, I will need to collect some logs from your end to better understand the situation. I will reach out to you via Private Message about it.

Thank you very much for your understanding!
Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry for the issue!

So far, in most cases, we found that the ESET antivirus program is the culprit. I'm wondering if this is installed on your machine? By "a new Windows install", did you just reinstall Windows 10 on your machine lately?

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT