Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

ArchiCAD 22 - copy and paste within text boxes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,
I am having an issue where i am trying to copy partial text within a text box and paste it into another text box. It looks like the text doesn't even copy to the clipboard when I select "copy" and hence when I paste there is nothing! My colleague has the same problem. We are using ArchiCAD 22. If we copy and paste text from elsewhere, such as Notepad, it seems to work fine. It only happens when trying to copy from text box to text box within ArchiCAD. Is this a bug? Has anyone else had this issue?
Thanks
57 REPLIES 57

Hi Minh,

just uploaded video and log.

I don't use antivirus. I'm on windows 10 pro lattest update with clean install.

Best regards.

Hi there.

Reopening this discussion... Did this ever get resolved? I have never experienced this problem until this morning. There has been no change from my computer overnight it just decided it doesn't want to copy and paste text from within dialogue boxes inside Archicad 25 only (all other programs are fine) This is driving me crazy!!  Any updates?

regards  

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core 4.60 GHz | 32 GB RAM |M.2 500GB + M.2 1TB | 2x Dell 27” | WIN 10 Home 64
NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 12GB (Studio Driver)
Archicad 24 | 25 (Since v12)

Hi All,

We figured out the issue. 

If you go into the Keyboard Shortcut menu in Work Environments. Search for "Copy" and assign Ctrl + C to it, it might ask you the shortcut is already assigned to Copy(text) Global. Just Assign anyway.  It looks like Copy(text) Global doesn't work for text, where as copy works, you can just deassign the Copy(Text Global - but you can only find it if you sort the list by "All Command By Alphabetical Order".

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that... unfortunately doesn't appear to have helped. I even tried a fresh file with 'out of the box' work environ and template... created 2 text boxes and still can't copy text from one into the other These things always seem to appear right when you're at your busiest 😞 

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core 4.60 GHz | 32 GB RAM |M.2 500GB + M.2 1TB | 2x Dell 27” | WIN 10 Home 64

The only other workaround is to use Crtl + Shift + C to copy. The issue is that the text size will be random, so you will have to adjust

I've restarted the PC (for the 3rd time now just becasue I went had a break) and it seems to have corrected itself all of a sudden. It appears to be as random as it started happening it has randomly stopped. So weird. 

cheers     

I have had this problem for a while now in both V24 and V25. A re-start does work temporarily but then the problem comes back. I have reached out to Tech support and they were going to look into it but I have never heard back from them. This is a very annoying and inconvenient problem.

Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

AC 24 / 25 / 26 USA | Windows 10 Pro | GeForce RTX 2060 Super | 32 GB |Intel i7-8700K @3.70 Ghz

Any updates on this issue?

Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

AC 24 / 25 / 26 USA | Windows 10 Pro | GeForce RTX 2060 Super | 32 GB |Intel i7-8700K @3.70 Ghz

Hi, unfortunatly no. The issue still remains.

Best regards.

Pawel Spychala
Contributor

I upgraded from AC24 to 25 and the bug still persists.

Graphisoft could find a solution if identifies ESET as a possible source of the problem.