Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

ArchiCAD 23 - Drawing Title, Linked Width to Title Text Not Working, Still

Jeff Griffin
Enthusiast
Issue:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ujpd3ngalqupot/title%20text%20issue.jpg?dl=0

Settings:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wvgop48fgrqyq4/Title%20Text%20Issue%20%232.jpg?dl=0

See links above. This is still an unresolved issue, even after installing Preview Version 4004 update. This is a screenshot from the OOTB AC23 template. They can't possibly expect us to manually update every drawing title length, right?
iMac 27 (2020) 3.8 GHz Core i7; 128 GB RAM; Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB GPU (macOS Sonoma)
MacBook Pro M1 Max; 64 GB RAM; 32-Core GPU (macOS Ventura)
ArchiCAD 27/26/25 Full (latest builds). User since AC12 (2008).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
toofuerte wrote:
I am having a similar problem. When I try to use the CELL width setting the title crashes and I lose any settings and lose the ability to have a scale graphic. It also does not set the width to the cell.

Are we going to get an update to the library soon? I downloaded the "Fix" described above but I haven't tried it yet. Thanks.

I downloaded the edits and they didn't fix what I needed. Didn't think it would but I figured I would try.
Hi Gerald,

I have looked for a similar description in our database, and found out that this is a separate issue. Although I cannot say when will the library update will be available, the fix for this issue is not so difficult:

- Duplicate and open the NCS Drawing Title 23 (or NCS Drawing Title 2 23)
- Click Master script
- Delete the independent 3 lines:
if iTitleFitMode = FITMODE_CELL	then
        intLinkTitleWidth[1] = FITMODE_LENGTH		: stLinkTitleWidth[1] = `Length Parameter`	: picLinkTitleWidth[1] = 0
endif

- In NCS Drawing Title around line 129 to 132
- In NCS Drawing Title 2 around line 122 to 125

I attached a screenshot showing where to delete the line, also include in the zip file my own modification for the 2 drawing titles. I hope this can help you with the issue, and I am very sorry about the inconvenience!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Also, I see no way to set the circle size. I'm more than a little peeved that maybe 8 months or so after release, there is still no usable Drawing Title for AC23, except by using the old AC22 titles. Is this really so hard to fix? Does GS think that drawing titles are mostly optional?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you for sharing the issue and I am sorry about the experience!

I have discussed this issue with the developer, it turned out to be a defect in the USA library. A library update is needed in order to correct this issue. Fortunately, it is not a difficult one to fix:

- Open the NCS drawing title 23 or NCS drawing title 2 23. The easiest way is to duplicate it in the Library Manager, under "ARCHICAD 23 Library > Object Library 23.lcf > Marker Symbols 23" into Embedded Library. Or you can extract the Object Library 23.lcf, edit the 2 objects and recreate the LCF.

- Click 2D script

- Find the string: max_text_width_1 = stw(drawingName)

- Delete the multiplier PAPER_TO_MODEL

- The formula in the end should be: max_text_width_1 = stw(drawingName) + gs_drawing_name_pos_x

I hope this workaround will be useful for you until a library update comes! Let me know if there is anything unclear. Thank you once again for sharing this issue, and I am truly sorry for the inconvenience!

Have a nice day, and take care!

Best regards,
Minh

P/s: I attached my modification below

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

toofuerte
Contributor
I am having a similar problem. When I try to use the CELL width setting the title crashes and I lose any settings and lose the ability to have a scale graphic. It also does not set the width to the cell.

Are we going to get an update to the library soon? I downloaded the "Fix" described above but I haven't tried it yet. Thanks.

I downloaded the edits and they didn't fix what I needed. Didn't think it would but I figured I would try.
Gerald Acton "Gary"

Acton Design Services

Windows 10 PRO 64 bit

i7-5820K @ 3.30ghz 32GB Ram

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB Ram

AC 19 - AC 26
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Gerald,

Thank you for the question and I am sorry about the issue!

Unfortunately, I could not find such CELL width setting in the NCS drawing titles. Could you point me to the right direction where and how to set it up with some screenshots?

Furthermore, you mentioned that setting this would cause the title to "crash". Did it crash the whole ARCHICAD, or how did it happen?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
toofuerte wrote:

Hi Gerald,

I have looked for a similar description in our database, and found out that this is a separate issue. Although I cannot say when will the library update will be available, the fix for this issue is not so difficult:

- Duplicate and open the NCS Drawing Title 23 (or NCS Drawing Title 2 23)
- Click Master script
- Delete the independent 3 lines:
if iTitleFitMode = FITMODE_CELL	then
        intLinkTitleWidth[1] = FITMODE_LENGTH		: stLinkTitleWidth[1] = `Length Parameter`	: picLinkTitleWidth[1] = 0
endif

- In NCS Drawing Title around line 129 to 132
- In NCS Drawing Title 2 around line 122 to 125

I attached a screenshot showing where to delete the line, also include in the zip file my own modification for the 2 drawing titles. I hope this can help you with the issue, and I am very sorry about the inconvenience!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT