Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

ArchiCAD Vectorworks

rgarand
Booster
Hello,

We just converted from VW to ArchiCAD. The rendering in ArchiCAD is much better than VW. But this is not what I would like to see improved in ArchiCAD. I would like ArchiCAD to be a powerhorse in the CAD realm. It is my opinion that you need a min. of 3 programs to complete a rendering.
1. 3D Modeling program-ie ArchiCAD
2. High End Rendering program-ie Cinema 4D, 3D Studio, Artlanits.
3. Image editor-ie Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro.

ArchiCAD is a great 3D modeling program. The developers should concentrate on improving this program for what is does best...BIM
Let the High end rendering programs develop the great, realistic looking renderings. Plus these programs let you do things such as material manipulation much more efficiently than ArchiCAD...as well as many many other things more efficiently

Just my 2 cents
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree here. The ease of accurate modeling is archicads strength. Its what differentiates the program from others. It makes architecture fun. You remember why you got into this business in the first place.

For rendering I've been using the Advent AV works beta which works within archicad. very very fast. can't beat it for day to day work.

donald mac donald

mac G5
rgarand
Booster
For rendering I've been using the Advent AV works beta which works within archicad. very very fast. can't beat it for day to day work.

Where can I find information on this?
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
Djordje
Ace
rgarand wrote:

Where can I find information on this?
Not Advent, Abvent; same people who make Art•Lantis.

http://www.abvent.com/us/software/avworks/avw2.asp

The download link for the ArchiCAD 8.1 version is at the bottom of the page.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen