BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

ArchiCAD freezing when selecting material

rm
Expert
I have a file that has hundreds of materials because of the loaded libraries I have and my own list of materials. Lately this AC file has been freezing when selecting materials.....but not always. It is random, and very ANNOYING. As I go to select my material, I am scrolling, and then when I get to the material I want to select, the menu freezes and the whole program freezes. I have the latest download of AC 9.

It is like a crap shoot selecting materials. Is there a limit to the amount of materials that can be in the list before it messes with AC?

Thanks.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
2 REPLIES 2
Dwight
Newcomer
I have many materials in my library. Other than it being slow to load, there's no problem with it.

Wacky idea:

I suspect that you have a material ID conflict. Look at the file in the Attribute manager and see if this is so.
Dwight Atkinson
rm
Expert
Thanks for the heads up Dwight. I am starting to wonder if the problem is with the way graphisoft has designed its menus to cascade down the full length of the monitor. I am using an apple 23" LCD ( as you know these are great to work on - everyone should get one ) and the pull out menues for Layers and materials go to the very bottom edge of the screen.

After scrolling in the list up and down a couple times, it just locks up the screen. I am using the laste v9 version of AC and I dont ever remember this happening before the latest update.

It is so agravating not knowing where to look for the problem.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Learn and get certified!