BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

ArchiCad+Texture v Maxwell

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
using ArchiCad/CineRender + good quality texture library could result good image near something like maxwell output?
3 REPLIES 3
No.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I don't think the cinerender physical renderer will be on par with a dedicated engine like maxwell, however: there are a lot of cinema 4d tutorials you can find to get you along, the preview is quick to give a good indication of materials/colour, it works fine for still images and there is no extra cost for getting a seperate engine.

Also kind of depends on your platform. MAC is kind of limited to high end CPU rendering, I'd say, whereas GPU rendering seems quite popular for windows machines.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
runxel
Legend
I think actually the biggest disadvantage is the missing possibility to output channels.
But still, Maxwell is an unbiased renderer and treated properly it will produce pictures with the highest quality.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!