Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Archicad 13 Lightworks renderings are very very dark

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just moved from 10 to 13 and took a 10 project that we need rendered next week home for the weekend to run some renderings. It rendered fine with lightworks engine in 10, but is coming out like the dead of night in 13. I've tried every intensity setting I could find, but sill getting dark rendering. Its got to be something new to 13 that I'm missing...but I'm running out of time and can't find the problem.
6 REPLIES 6
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
go4th wrote:
I just moved from 10 to 13 and took a 10 project that we need rendered next week home for the weekend to run some renderings. It rendered fine with lightworks engine in 10, but is coming out like the dead of night in 13. I've tried every intensity setting I could find, but sill getting dark rendering. Its got to be something new to 13 that I'm missing...but I'm running out of time and can't find the problem.
What happens if you increase the sun to 150-200%?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nothing. It still looks like midnight.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
go4th wrote:
Nothing. It still looks like midnight.
Could you post a snapshot of your rendering settings? Also, check the sun position.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Erika Epstein
Booster
Did you place a new sun?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
rendering and lightworks environment attached....
I have tried dozens of sun positions, time of day settings, etc. - but always get the same result.
I inserted a 'sunobject', but it had no impact on overall darkness of the image. I then created a brand new drawing, drew some boxes - set my lightworks environment, background, everything to match the dark rendering - and it came out fine.

Can this be rooted in the fact that I'm rendering a model built in ver. 10 maybe?
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK - I found the problem.
It looks like the material palette on my version 10 drawing was changed so all material colors in lightworks were changed to black.
I worked on this dog all day and never thought to check the material colors until now.

And that is how I spend my Saturday....
Hey - thanks everyone for the comments.

Joey