Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Archicad 15 to Artlantis export. Polygon problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have problem with exporting model to artlantis.
1.I have weird polygons in curtain wall glass when i switch meterial form archiglass to glasing fresnal.
2.In archicad arcs are smooth but in artlantis shell arcs are angular, if there is no solution i can tell it is reinforced concrete ^^.

4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
This is an Artlantis usage issue - not an ArchiCAD export one. What you see in the Artlantis image that you posted is how things are actually represented by AC and what is exported.

You must use the smoothness slider in the Shader Inspector for each surface that shows polygons. For example, with the Shader Inspector active, select the arc surface to activate its settings - and then drag the smoothness slider towards the right. Usually about 1/3 to ½ way will be enough to completely smooth the surface.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Also - off topic from your question - you want to turn on the Infinite Ground Plane, and shade it with your grass, to get rid of the black bar at the horizon. You can use fog settings - low to the ground and very distant, and perhaps either green or blue - to blur the line between the infinite ground and the sky at the horizon.
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
smoothness method works with concrete construction but not with glass.
I solve the problem by selecting each glazing fresnal surface and uncheking "windowpane auto detection".

Thanks
2.jpg
Karl Ottenstein
Great! Glad you got things working. Yes, the auto detection is a special case thing, more for small panes than for large panels (can they even be manufactured/installed that large?) as in your image. You can still adjust the glazing shader to add a bit of distortion so that the huge glass curtain wall is not a perfect mirror.

The distortion in the shadow of the curved area on the far left of the image can be tough to get rid of. Smoothness doesn't completely eliminate how a surface responds to light shining at an extreme angle as it is there. Sometimes adjusting the smoothness slider can help. Other times, you may have to model using a different technique in ArchiCAD.

Have fun. 🙂