Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Archicad 19 Label Tool Doesnt work the same as it used to

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been using the Label tool in Archicad 18 but since updated to Arhicad 19 and the label tool doesn't work as well as it used to. Is this just an Archicad 19 problem? or is there a way to fix it? (I hope so).

When I was using Archicad 18 - the label tool let me draw the arrow and the leader line wherever I wanted. But since using Archicad 19 - When I draw a label it comes up automatically like the picture I have attached - and then I have to drag the nodes to get the label in the correct place. Its much easier to just draw a line and use a text box. But would be much easier and quicker to use the label tool if it was working properly! Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi laz89,

Yes, labels were re-worked quite a bit for version 19. The behavior you are after can easily be set in the Info Box using the Geometry Method button. It is the second button to the right of the layer pulldown menu. Toggle this to control the leader line placement method.
TIP: The first button to the right of the layer pulldown menu is another Geometry Method option that controls whether a label is Associative or not. If a label is associative and you delete the element it is associated with, the label will be deleted also. To convert an associative label to be non-associative, select it, right-click and choose "Convert to Independent Label".

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou! That worked