Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Archicad 21 exportable formats

Anonymous
Not applicable
i used to use the old version of Artlantis "Artlantis studio v5.1.2.4" along with Archicad20 , i was exporting from AC20 to Art5 directly, but now since i started using AC21 i couldn't do the same again cause AC21 export only to the latest version of Artlantis which it didn't work on my computer, so what i am doing now is using both AC21 & AC20 in order to save the file from AC21 to AC20 then export it to Artlantis5 ...

it's a long process that cause to lose some data from the file that only exist in AC21 like the stairs tool.

so if any of you have a solution for this case or at least an idea to shorten the long journey i will be thankful
7 REPLIES 7
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Save the ArchiCAD file to Sketchup and import that in Artlantis?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Heres an Idea, why cant we just export from Archicad 21 to Artlantis 4.1 or 5.1 instead of only 6.5?
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I would guess because Abvent doesn't support that version anymore.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
No I mean why doesnt ArchiCAD support the older versions of artlantis?
or are they in each others pockets why not just have a patch that makes it compatible with older versions?

I have just started using artlantis 6.5 after using 4.1 for a long time and it is such a significant downgrade and so frustrating to use Id rather go back to 4.1.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I would say Abvent is the one developping the export addon that is included.

Have you tried Cinerender? It took me a little time to get to settings to get to Artlantis 4 render times, but I am quite happy with how things work with Cinerender for our office now. The amount of surfaces included in ArchiCAD and the subscription extra library is a lot bigger than what we have for Artlantis 4 and those that used bump, colour and so on image maps from Artlantis were pretty straight forward to set up as surfaces in ArchiCAD.

The option I described with saving to sketchup will also work for Artlantis 4, allthough you may need a copy of Sketchup to save it down to an older version.

I would give Cinerender a try. The only thing I kind of miss from Artlantis is the extra layers you could save out for the materials to quickly make some changes in photoshop.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cinerender is ok the main problem is having decent archicad libraries for presentation like trees cars people etc that don't look they are still from v6 of ArchiCAD, something like the greenline trees is ideal as it is low poly and still looks real from all angles. Bitmap trees and people is a bit 1990s we shouldn't really need to be adding things like this in photoshop I'm not sure how other programs can handle decent people models but archicad people look worse than some mannequins. If ArchiCAD focused more on the quality of the library parts then you are right we wouldn't need to go to 3rd party rendering engines.
Karl Wir_n
Enthusiast
I use Modelport to import better objects to my scenes. Modelport is an add-on for Archicad than enables you to import obj, fbx, dae, 3ds etc. That makes it possible to browse a lot of 3d-object sites for good models.
Take some time to learn Cinerender, it's better than Artlantis when it comes to render quality and has far more possibilities to create realistic materials. Reducing render time to acceptable is a challenge but possible. To do this you can't use the built in presets though.
/Karl W