Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 24 - Fail to publish DWG from view

I have a file I migrated to AC24 fro 23, and I cannot publish to DWG views I have been able to publish previously with 23.
I can publish Layouts to DWG, I can publish views to PDF, but there is no way to publish any view to DWG, using any publisher, mine or Graphisoft's default.

Why?
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Achille,

Thank you very much for the question and I am very sorry about the issue!

Currently, with AC24 we are having an issue with DWG export if the project contains a "missing" XREF on macOS. The detail is unclear to me, but on macOS, due to the missing location, the DWG process will fail. On Windows, the missing XREF's location is ignored, therefore it is not an issue.

Because of this, I would like to check whether any XREF is missing from your project file.

Regarding the failed repair process, I'm not quite sure what happened here. Without Open & Repair, is there any other error when you open the file?

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DGSketcher
Legend
I have been publishing Views to DWG in AC24 without any issues. Is it possibly a directory rights issue or something unusual in the drawing e.g. third party object?

Is it just the one file that is problematic?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
No there are no such issues. I was able to publish without problem with AC 23. Nothing changed except for the Archicad version.

I was able to publish views to DWG with a new from template file.
Also when trying an "open and repair" with said file that cannot publish views to DWG, I get a "Repair process failed" and "Cannot read Plan file". If I open it directly it opens without problems... something is definitely strange here...
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Achille,

Currently, with AC24 we are having an issue with DWG export if the project contains a "missing" XREF on macOS. The detail is unclear to me, but on macOS, due to the missing location, the DWG process will fail. On Windows, the missing XREF's location is ignored, therefore it is not an issue.

Because of this, I would like to check whether any XREF is missing from your project file.

Regarding the failed repair process, I'm not quite sure what happened here. Without Open & Repair, is there any other error when you open the file?

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

mnguyen wrote:
Hi Achille,

Best regards,
Minh
Yes! That was the problem! I detached the XREF and the problem was solved
Thanks!
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Glad I could help! Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen