Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Archicad 24 - Issue Manager and bcf workflow

JSN
Enthusiast
Just testet it out with a quick test of the demo office file and made a check with the bcf workflow.

Really looks promising, although the interface could have been a bit more intuitive.
But then I realized that the saved view/camera did not match with the saved locations?

I imported and exported it again and somehow there is indeed a shift in the view on some saved issues. Did anybody encounter this as well or what might be the matter with that?
9 REPLIES 9
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for the question and I am sorry about the issue!

Could you let me know how the BCF file was created? Recently, I had a similar case where, due to the faulty BCF, the previews and the save locations are not matched together. I'm wondering if you could share with me the BCF file and PLN/PLA for further investigation? Let me know if you need a secure link to send the file to us.

Thank you very much, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

JSN
Enthusiast
I took one of your sample project files ... it might be originally from a previous AC release, I do not know for sure. However this should not be a limitation either. I just opened it and did not change any of the (general) translator settings, project orientation or similiar but there might be the culprit, exported the IFC and made created the bcf with Solibri to import them again in the new issue manager in AC.

Voilà, that's what you get when you want to see the stored views ... something completely different. And it seems to be the other way round as well ... so when you add more issues in AC and want to view them in Solibri the view is offset the other way round.

I also just tried it out with the new sample AC24 project files of the S-Office and it seems to work flawlessly.
So, I will just drop a link to the files of the above mentioned project here and then you can maybe tell me what's the clue with it and why it has this weird shift in perspective.

https://we.tl/t-U14xfj87ty
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for the quick answer. Let me check the attached files!

One more question: how did you create the BCF file? By using Solibri, or is there any extra addon used for this process?

Best regards,
Minh

P/s: sorry to ask, but where did you download this sample project? I myself could not find it available on our website so far

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

JSN
Enthusiast
Hi,

I just looked it up and it seems like the modell was once attached to a Graphisoft Germany Newsletter Email, here you can have a look on it: http://81.cleverreach.de/m/13627828/514564-f732f777d6edfe6c190c5569a252f077
The direct link to the model is also pointed out here once more: http://pub.graphisoft.de/gswebseite/learning/ARCHICAD-Demoprojekt-Buero-23.zip

So to sum it up, I just saved it into my Graphisoft Sample Project Files Folder at that time and and now I used it for AC24 to test the new featues.

Looking forward to here from you soon.
One more question: how did you create the BCF file? By using Solibri, or is there any extra addon used for this process?
This has been done nativly in Solibri - no third party software included into the described workflow.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

I checked the file and could manage to replicate the same issue as you mentioned. The general translator here is "Allgemeiner Übersetzer", I guess? I think the issue lies in the PLA file, as viewing the presentation in Solibri shows the correct position of the preview. At first, I thought it is caused by multiple Survey Point objects, but there was only one in the file.

Let me forward the case to the Development team for further investigation. As soon as I receive an answer from them I will let you know!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you once again for the help!

Our developers have checked the issue, and found out that this is a regression bug in Archicad 24. This issue was a problem in Archicad 23, and was fixed already, but somehow, the fix was not copied to Archicad 24! The issue happens due to the fact that the SurveyPoints are not calculated when BCF is imported in Issue Manager.

In the meantime, there is a workaround, but it is not so pretty: move the Survey Point on project origin (0,0), rotate to default Project North which is 90 deg, then re-export the model to Solibri, then re-create the issues, after this the exported BCF will be ok in Archicad.

I create a defect entry in our database for this issue. Hopefully this will be a quick fix!
Thank you very much for reporting this issue to us! Let me know if you have any further question!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

JSN
Enthusiast
mnguyen wrote:
Our developers have checked the issue, and found out that this is a regression bug in Archicad 24. This issue was a problem in Archicad 23, and was fixed already, but somehow, the fix was not copied to Archicad 24! The issue happens due to the fact that the SurveyPoints are not calculated when BCF is imported in Issue Manager.

In the meantime, there is a workaround, but it is not so pretty: move the Survey Point on project origin (0,0), rotate to default Project North which is 90 deg, then re-export the model to Solibri, then re-create the issues, after this the exported BCF will be ok in Archicad.
Thx for clarifying that, as I have understood this means that all AC24 Projects with a custom SP are affected when it comes then to BCF Import and only a workflow where the project is in the "actually wrong" default orientated zero origin location is working because then this bug is of course not occuring as the BCF will imported alright as it doesn't matter that the SP is ignored.
mnguyen wrote:
I create a defect entry in our database for this issue. Hopefully this will be a quick fix!
Thank you very much for reporting this issue to us! Let me know if you have any further question!
Well, ok, at least we know what's going (wr)on(g) and let's hope indeed for a quick fix!
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Yes, it is exactly the case here! It was a very serious bug back in AC23. Since the fix was made for AC23 already, I hope that this will be fixed soon, as basically it prevent us from using Survey Point properly!

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

JSN
Enthusiast
Ok, fine. Please let me know (here) when this fix has been released so that I get notified, that would be great!