Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 25 Dimension Bug

AS7
Contributor

Our company recently upgraded to 25 over the past month and we have just realized that any dimension, usually under 8" looses it's arrowheads.  We have seen others talk about it, with the work around being to make it a separate dimension string or to even make the arrow heads smaller.  The dimensions look normal in floor plan but they disappear on sheets.  Has anyone else found a better way then to change it to a single dimension string or changing arrowhead sizes?  Most of our dimensions are in Mods and it would take months to change them all and changing the arrowhead size is out of the question. 

Does anyone know if this bug will be fixed soon?

Dimension Ex.2.pngDimension Ex.1.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

This fix is also coming in the next AC25 Update as listed here:

https://Graphisoft.com/downloads/Archicad/updates/ac25/improvements-list#6000

"DEF-5363 DOCUMENT: Layouts could not display dimension markers using Arrow style on a dimension line with very small gap."

I'm not sure on the time frame of this update but it should be soon with the release notes already published.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
DGSketcher
Legend

@AS7 It is fixed in AC26, which unfortunately doesn't help if you are stuck on AC25.

I was directed to stop using Arrows and move to the Tick [--/--] marker type. I appreciate you may not want to do this but you could get away with selecting the Dimension tool, use Ctrl-A to select all dimensions and change the arrow to the tick marker. You would have to do this with every view containing dimensions which may take some time but hopefully not "months". 

Other than that a strongly worded email to support / your supplier may motivate a fix.

Is an upgrade to AC26 an option? With hindsight I would have skipped AC25. I have found AC26 is definitely more stable than AC25, the Navigator search is a big help but there may be reasons you can't upgrade and I would add I am not using Teamwork.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Unfortunately as of right now we cannot switch to 26.  We just switched to 25 about 2 weeks ago and are required to wait until at least 2-3 patches before using 26. 

I will try and write a strongly worded email to support next. 

Thank you for your help!

Hi @AS7, I’m sorry I’m not answering your question but ask you about’

change it to a single dimension string )

if you can explain this way something more?

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

I've attached a few quick screenshots to reference for this.  When you start with a single dimension, you have the choice when you click on the line of the dimension and it will bring up your pet palette with the option ( see image 1) to insert/ merge dimension point.  It will then allow you to continue the first dimension, this is a good technique for doing lots of dimensions in a row.  

When I say single dimension string, there is an option to then break the continuous string of dimensions (see image 3) with the scissor tool.  Click to the right or left (see image 4) and you will see that only one dimension is still highlighted.  (see image 5) These two dimensions are now no longer continuous, both are a single dimension string. 

I hope this helps, I don't have much experience in teaching people how to use the program yet. 

2.png4.png3.png5.png1.png

BTW you’re very good Archicad teacher trust me, I got your idea of string very well only I didn’t face that problem before so I had no experience about the problem itself or the solutions available even I felt it’s silly to ask you while you search for advanced solution, thx a lot @AS7.

Solution
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

This fix is also coming in the next AC25 Update as listed here:

https://Graphisoft.com/downloads/Archicad/updates/ac25/improvements-list#6000

"DEF-5363 DOCUMENT: Layouts could not display dimension markers using Arrow style on a dimension line with very small gap."

I'm not sure on the time frame of this update but it should be soon with the release notes already published.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

Thanks @James B , good news.

stay @AS7 on 25 fixes are coming soon.

Wonderful news! Thank you!

I have downloaded this update 2 days ago. It was uploaded as preview but now it is not available.... Was something wrong that had to be taken back? 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.