Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Archicad 25: Drawing Title, Drawing ID, and Publishing

Anonymous
Not applicable
After installing Archicad 25 our customized drawing title is no longer working properly.

The drawing title has an autotext linking to the Drawing ID on a layout. Everything looks correct in archicad, but when we publish the sheet, the numbers are shown twice.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Screenshot attached...

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
Also seen this bug with autotext. It looks like when you publish autotext reads all the drawings that are placed in the layout and adds thrm to the title.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Thank you very much for your reports, and I am very sorry about the issue!

This has been confirmed as a new regression bug in Archicad 25 (registered as DEF-5748). The issue happens when you export/publish/print to PDF or other formats, but on the layout itself it does not show any issue. At the moment, unfortunately, there is no workaround for this bug yet. I can only suggest using the default titles until the bug gets fixed.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience! Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions, and thank you very much for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

looper222
Participant

Any word on when this will be fixed? ... this has cost us a ton of time changing all our drawing titles so we can save PDF set. Should be a high priority. Anyone know?

Something similar happened to us. We translated an Archicad 22 file to 25, and all the layouts got the title ID change to by plan (the first option, i dont know the word they use in the english version) instead of by view ID, so now ALL the drawings have a number 1 as an ID.  No big deal, its just a matter of changing it, more time we cannot bill!!  . 

The real questions are:

why does this happen? is it a bug? is this intentional and someone actually thought this was a good idea (id like to talk to that person)? 

one has to wonder what other things change under the hood without one realizing it.  Now all the drawings i drag to the layout behave like this; is there a way to have the drawings display the correct ID as a default? these little things one has to manually set in 25 are really beginning to add up.