Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Archicad 25 Redshift

Thomas Holm
Booster
Hi all!
In David Tomic’s youtube introduktion to AC25,
He mentions ”Redshift” as an upcoming (later) rendering option (at least in Australia). .
As I’ve never heard of this, I’d very much appreciate if someone would enlighten me on this subject. I seem to be unable to find any info on Graphisoft.com.
A link perhaps? Or does anyone know more?

AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
27 REPLIES 27
AlexM
Booster
There's still features announced in the AC24 release presentation that I'm waiting for. So let's not hold our breath on Redshift.
24 / 25 Win10 & Win11 & OSX
WojciechG
Participant
Hi all, Octane user here

I am genuinly interested in updating and simplifying workflow. GPU based rendering is the way to go, Enscape is aggresively improving and I like their whollistic approach. There should be no file format conversion/transfer issues for user, assets that are not feasible to use inside ArchiCAD are accessible through their plug-in and available range is being rapidly expanded. Atmospherical effects are being enriched and improved. The only aspect that I dislike is the rendering engine itself.

I am surprised that Twinmotion is not surpassing Enscape with assets choices, as a gaming company they should have been able to offer almost anything you can think of.

I hope that Redshift may potentially address rendering quality if they do not neglect asset libraries development. There is also an issue of pricing, Redshift for other platforms is close to Enscape and Twinmotion.

Not sure though how complex Redshift interface is.
AC25 ( since 5.5 ) Win10, Sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX-8350, 16Gb DDR3, GeForce 980Ti
Vaclav Slovak
Booster

Are there already any Redshift renders from Archicad users? I am not able to get even a bad picture from it. Old Cinerender gets better results (still not too great).. Thanks

mikas
Expert

What's your equipment?

For me RedShift + Mac has not been so great of an experience.

Still need to go on and try RedShift + PC with an NVIDIA card. I've got it purchased by now though, for a try at least.

AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS

32 GB RAM, NVIDIA M5000 8GB ... i think this must be more than sufficient, because Enscape works od highest setting without a lag and renders great pictures within few seconds in ultra HD. 

mikas
Expert

Thanks, Ok. I've got an A4000 to try it out with a Z4 , pretty soon I hope so.

With Cinema 4D it all seemed so ironed out, but not so with Archicad I'm afraid. I mean RedShift..

AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS

With C4 Redshift looks fantastic.. thats why I was wondering results in AC26. Results are... not satisfying. but maybe i just dont know how to set it up. Grass materials not working too. 

mikas
Expert

I think and remember that AC/Cinerender grass is not supported at the moment within RedShift. And I have to say that the RedShift transition is an ongoing project as best within Archicad. Or something like that.