Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 25 freezing when rendering

StankPig
Participant

My PC was freezing when I rendering my project, must reset with the power button. It renders fine when I use quick setting, it was only append when I use middle setting. I use Maxon Cinema render. Before the freezing, the software will use all my 16G memory. My CPU is i7 8700k and GPU is GTX 1080 8G. I also use Cinema 4D, and it’s fine. I think my PC is able to do rendering with middle setting. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

Well you said you are maxing out, and I have used over 24GB on some relatively simple renders in AC in the past... Have also used over 32GB using VRay...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Lingwisyer
Guru

If you leave it for a little bit after it initially freezes, if the render was already nearing completion, it might finish as it dumps into virtual memory, else it is most likely what you have pointed out, the shortage of RAM.

16GB RAM still not enough?😳

Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

Well you said you are maxing out, and I have used over 24GB on some relatively simple renders in AC in the past... Have also used over 32GB using VRay...

Windows will generally allow programs to use virtual memory up to an amount equalling your RAM. When it does so your computer may grind to a halt if no RAM is reservered for other purposes as virtual memory is dependant on your harddrive speed which is orders of magnitude slower than RAM.

Ling.

KastroNavarrone
Newcomer

Hi

I'm having a similar problem. Archicad 25 hangs while rendering and after a while completes render.

It has been rendering just fine all this while i have used it.failed render .pngfailed render3 .pngfailed render2 .png

Check your VRAM usage during rendering? You can use Task Manager => Performance if you are on Windows. Unsure about Mac.

You should probably add some system information to your signature. See link in mine for more information.