BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.
SOLVED!

Archicad 26 Fails to generate views when Publishing to BIMx

I've recently switched to Archicad 26 (from 25) was waiting for the kinks to sort out. However, when saving my first BIMx model, I get the following errors (see attached image below)

Using a MacBook Pro 16", M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD

Using Archicad 26 (MacTel install so as to save Twinmotion files)

Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 6.24.45 PM.jpg

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Thanks for your reply. I was able to resolve it after isolating an offending third party object (a BBQ grille). I reported to tech support and followed their suggestion to isolate the object.

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear Rex,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

This issue needs deeper investigation since I cannot pinpoint the cause of the problem with the available information. To handle the case the most effectively, please contact BIMx's technical support at bimx@Graphisoft.com and send the problematic project file in .pla format. Also, describe if you experience this with other projects or not.

Thank you,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer

Solution

Thanks for your reply. I was able to resolve it after isolating an offending third party object (a BBQ grille). I reported to tech support and followed their suggestion to isolate the object.

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Norbert Kucsma
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear Rex,

Thank you for sharing the solution!

We have investigated this issue and we are happy to let you know that the next update of Archicad 26  (50xx) will fix this problem.  

Thank you,

Norbert Kucsma

Norbert Kucsma

Rex, 

Thank you for posting this.  I just had this issue come up for the first time in years, and I couldn't remember how I fixed it in the past.

Curiously, was the offending BBQ the "Charmglow Stainless Steel Grill BBQ"?, once I deleted it from my model, Publisher worked.

Deleting it was a quick fix, but I don't remember what I did in the past to fix this, can you elaborate?

Joel

AC 6.5-26; macOS Ventura; 2019 MacBook Pro 2.4gHz, i9

Thanks for the info. When should we expect this update? At least there is one bug that it is confirmed to be fixed............

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
Norbert Kucsma
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi all,

The UP3 of Archicad 26 (50xx) is going to solve this issue and it is planned to be publicly available at the end of March. Note that this release date includes the English, and German-speaking language versions, all other language versions will roll out continuously after that.

The problem was caused by the BBQ object indeed. The polygon structure of this object was faulty and Archicad 26 is more sensitive regarding this than previous versions.

Please either delete this object or hide its layer for a successful publish.

Kind regards,
Norbert Kucsma

Norbert Kucsma

This is not at all good news. You are announcing an update that will take almost 6 monts after the last one published on 10th of October. There are several serious bugs that affect the performannce and workflow of 26, discussed in the forum and detected prior to the release of any update, and it seems that if you need more than five months to fix them (hope to fix them.....), it is like indirectly accepting that the release was premature.

Instead of just announcing that a BBQ object will be fixed,please officially anounce what exactly will be fixed because at this point I will have to decide whether I will revert back to 25 to continue my projects.

Kind regards,

Botonis

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

HI Joel, I'm not sure I understand your questions on what I did to fix it, other than delete the object. Of course I had to do a mass deletion of objects, test, then undo the deletion once it was confirmed that the BIMx would generate. Then I undid the deletion and had to delete sectors of objects until the model would generate a BIMx again, clueing me in to where the offending object was, then continue narrowing it down to a single object. It too me a solid hour.

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
joelsdg
Enthusiast

Hi Rex, no problem.  I didn't realize all you did was delete the object.  Somehow I missed that.

I had the same problem years ago and forgot how I fixed it back then and I resumed using that BBQ object without problems.

Anyway, thanks for the help, it seems this object has flaws and I'll just stop using it.

Joel

AC 6.5-26; macOS Ventura; 2019 MacBook Pro 2.4gHz, i9