Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Archicad 26 : Zoom Centering

Joe Moss
Participant

I'm having three possibly interconnected issues with Archicad 26:

1. The zoom function (Magic Mouse zoom) get’s weird occasionally - I notice it seems to occur after editing text in a drawing.  Instead of the zoom centering around the cursor, it seems to go diagonally.  Hitting the F3 key twice (desktop zoom out - then back in) fixes it, but only temporarily.
  2. The drag function also seems to get locked up sometimes (I don’t think it’s a snap issue) - also after editing text…maybe.  Same fix with a double-hit of F3.
  3. The selection (Arrow) tool occasionally gets locked into Inject Parameters mode.  Escape does not work to switch the mode back to Arrow as usual.

MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB : Monterey 12.6 : Archicad 26 Build 3010

20 REPLIES 20

I have the same issue as Frillex. 

It is when working with an AC24 project. 

For us its all our project that went from AC24 directly to AC26.

I will try to migrate an old project to 25 then to 26 and see if it change anything.

AC 26, OS MONTEREY
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

We have potentially found a fix to the zoom centring issue, and it will be coming in the next update for AC26. I think expected in another month or so (but not exactly sure). Once that update comes out, please report back if it's still occurring, with any further details.

Thanks for the feedback.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

@James B Can you please provide any info concerning the antialising problems with the new engine?Will those bugs be fixed in the next update?

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

Hi James, 

When do you think we will be free from this problem? 

Another month or so have passed 🙂

Regards
Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

The potential fix is inside Archicad 26 Update 3, which is already available but still in Preview. Have you checked this update and the zoom issue is still occurring?

James Badcock
Frillex
Advocate

Hello James, I just downloaded the latest update. 

Its a huge improvement compared to before but it still isn't 100%, for me at least. 

From time to time, the actions that im trying to do in archicad isn't displayed properly. 

It behaves much like before update 3, but i can zoom center and pan. But i can't see for example where im drawing an object, how much im rotating or how big the square is when im trying to select things. Another difference from before is that the solution is to manually choose an action in meny or (like before update 3) reselect the view im working in. 

I have a video if the problem if it helps. 

/F

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

I've worked in Update 3 for another day, and I can say that the problem, what ever people have said, is not fixed. 

/Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

We think we fixed the original problem that the zoom didn't occur where the cursor was - but was always centred. I'm not clear on the "where im drawing an object, how much im rotating" issue, if it is related or something else.

With the video of the problem you mentioned in AC26 Update 3, can you please forward this to your local support?

Thanks.

James Badcock
Frillex
Advocate

I have 🙂

Basically the zoom problem was just one part of a bigger problem were you couldn't see what you were doing. When dragging an object the normally you can see the cursor and the object moving on the screen, when the zoom problem kicked in you couldn't see the cursor or the object being moved.

You have only worked out the zoom part, which is no longer an issue. But the rest of the problem is still the same as before the update. 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY