Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Archicad 26 : Zoom Centering

Joe Moss
Participant

I'm having three possibly interconnected issues with Archicad 26:

1. The zoom function (Magic Mouse zoom) get’s weird occasionally - I notice it seems to occur after editing text in a drawing.  Instead of the zoom centering around the cursor, it seems to go diagonally.  Hitting the F3 key twice (desktop zoom out - then back in) fixes it, but only temporarily.
  2. The drag function also seems to get locked up sometimes (I don’t think it’s a snap issue) - also after editing text…maybe.  Same fix with a double-hit of F3.
  3. The selection (Arrow) tool occasionally gets locked into Inject Parameters mode.  Escape does not work to switch the mode back to Arrow as usual.

MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB : Monterey 12.6 : Archicad 26 Build 3010

20 REPLIES 20
Eduardo Rolon

Check that you are running the latest version 4004? since it fixes some of those issues.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Unfortunately things are still unstable in 4004 Preview. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

👍 That is why I wrote "some"…

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Frillex
Advocate

Same problem om my mac. 

The "fix" is to change view. 

But it happens quite a lot when working with the text tool. 

/Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

And i don't use magic mouse. 

/F

AC 26, OS MONTEREY
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

If anyone has a stable way to reproduce the issue with zoom not following where the cursor is, please let us know - any additional information can help. We are aware of the issue and have been trying to gather more information through our technical support channel.

Thanks.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

All I can say is that it happens very often when working in worksheets. 

/F

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

If there's any further details let us know.

For example, is this after switching between applications, what keys are being pressed, and what are you doing in Archicad before/after switching between applications.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

It has nothing to do with switching applications, that's not the case for me at least. It happens seemingly at random. I can add that it's linked to our migrated projects. So far this has not happened when working in a "pure" AC26 project. 

/F

AC 26, OS MONTEREY